2024 NFL Season Through Super Bowl LIX

It's July. Training camps open later this month. The regular season starts 9 weeks from Thursday. It's the best time of the year.

• Like 2

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, See Red said:

Looks like Great Value Cody Rhodes. Needs a neck tattoo. 

here you go

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know we've talked player numbers frequently here, but I wasn't aware of this change for Punters/Kickers that was effective last year:

Position - Punters and placekickers - Numbers Available (2020 season and earlier) - 1–19

Position - Punters and placekickers - Numbers Available (2023 season and beyond) - 0–49 and 90–99

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I know we've talked player numbers frequently here, but I wasn't aware of this change for Punters/Kickers that was effective last year:

Position - Punters and placekickers - Numbers Available (2020 season and earlier) - 1–19

Position - Punters and placekickers - Numbers Available (2023 season and beyond) - 0–49 and 90–99

yeah I can't recall the team, but I saw one with (I think) 49 and was surprised.  

I still think they don't need numbers at all and can just wear a giant K or P on their jerseys.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

yeah I can't recall the team, but I saw one with (I think) 49 and was surprised.  

I still think they don't need numbers at all and can just wear a giant K or P on their jerseys.

How about fractions?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

Madden 25 deep dive has revealed something it shouldn't.... The Packers having an All White set.

I think it's going to be talked about on the local news shortly. Sigh.

It's where I sit.

19 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I think it's going to be talked about on the local news shortly. Sigh.

20 hours ago, heavybass said:

Madden 25 deep dive has revealed something it shouldn't.... The Packers having an All White set.

As an owner, I'm not a fan.

• Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

What ten career wins gets ya:

Again, these numbers must be taken with a grain of salt.  The only numbers that matter are the signing bonus and guarantees, which in this case are $155M combined.

While there's other details that none of us have (yet), it's likely that unless the Packers are idiots, they've left themselves an out where even if he gets a ton of $, they're not actually on the hook for 4 (or does it take effect after this year and therefore it's 5 years?) and can get out with limited dead-cap hit.

The Jalen Hurts contract sounds similar-ish to this, but it's actually ridiculously team friendly and they're not really bound to him past next season.

With the exception of full-guarantees, ALL other contract reports and mentions of AAV are worthless.  Agents manipulate the numbers to make it seem like they're getting the most for their clients, teams manipulate them so they have cap flexibility and "outs", etc.  The only thing that matters, which is difficult to get, is how many years the team is really tied to the guy before they can reasonably cut him, and the guaranteed money.

When was the last time one of these "mega contracts" was seen through to the end?  Once the "out" (meaning when the team can part ways without killing itself) occurs, they're either renegotiated or the guy is paid and released (see Wentz, Carson.)

• Like 1