Are NFL Uniforms Uniform?

CC97

I completely disagree with this article....

I like that the teams can wear what they want... It makes it interesting, and gives alot of different combos.

I'm with NewYawkSeahawk on this one. I see no problem in teams mixing and matching.

It certainly looks bad in a few combinations, but not in most. I like the variety.

I completely disagree with this article....

I like that the teams can wear what they want... It makes it interesting, and gives alot of different combos.

ditto.

its cool that teams like the packers and cowboys have a determined set, but i also love the variety that teams like buffalo, atlanta and carolina have.

to have the NFL set "uniform-rules" would just add to their nickname:

the

No

Fun

League.

i love the way the NFL handles uniforms. it keeps things fresh. i love watching titans games, because sometimes they'll wear all white, sometimes it's navy blue and white, sometimes it's baby blue and navy blue. who does it hurt? of all the things to complain about in sports, the alternate colors of football pants seems kinda pointless.

besides, i want the browns to add another colors of pants. i want to see an orange helmet, white jersey, brown pants look. the only alternate pants combo that annoys me is the jets white helmet, green jersey, green pants combo. the greens may be the same color, but for some reason, they don't look like it to me. the pants look so much brighter.

Did anyone take note of this?

Finally, the weekend that all of America has been waiting for has arrived. Week One of a new National Football League season!

I don't have a problem with what colour jersey they wear as long as the teams know about what they will wear ahead of time. It's not like the USA-Lithuania fiasco at the Olympics.

I saw, I came, I left.

Back in the day, when the Redskins wore their dark jerseys at home, I used to be really jazzed about the rare times they would wear the whites. During the Gibbs era, it was a treat to see them go to Dallas and wear the darks. I believe he made the switch to force Dallas to wear their blues (which looked MUCH better in the early '80s) in Washington.

As long as the all white look doesn't return to Washington, and we don't see an all dark combo, I could care less what the rest of the league does...they all seem to be doing basketball crossovers, anyway! :rolleyes:

I'm with Shark. The NFL used to have a consistent aesthetic. Now too many teams are a mess.

Ironic, that the league best at creating a cohestive whole out of 32 individual clubs is letting that all slip away in the uniform department.

Personally, I'll take the "No Fun League" over the Arena Football mess they're heading towards any day.

i like the variety as well, and i like the all one color look in small doses, or sometimes even all the time, but i dont really like all white, but sometimes i do. people like to see different stuff, and thats what keeps things fun. i love how there are less number restrictions in college and i like the uniform variety i see there too. combination never hurt tradition, and if you dont like it, then it maight only be for one game. who knows. it gives ya something new to look at.

and

i want to see an orange helmet, white jersey, brown pants look.

see my concept in the hometeam haul over 2. i agree with you. maybe even an al brown getup for one game?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Back in the day, when the Redskins wore their dark jerseys at home, I used to be really jazzed about the rare times they would wear the whites. During the Gibbs era, it was a treat to see them go to Dallas and wear the darks. I believe he made the switch to force Dallas to wear their blues (which looked MUCH better in the early '80s) in Washington.

As long as the all white look doesn't return to Washington, and we don't see an all dark combo, I could care less what the rest of the league does...they all seem to be doing basketball crossovers, anyway! :rolleyes:

Honestly, I've never been a fan of the darks, whether they be the "regular" ones from the first Gibbs era or the throwbacks from the Spurrier years (shudder...). If I had my way, we'd wear the white jersey and red pants every week of the seaason. I think the white pants look is weak, though. The contrast between red, yellow and white in the current home uniform is, IMO, perfect.

Monochrome uniforms are ok... on some teams. I agree with the Jets comment earlier, the pants just don't work with the same color tops... the colors look different.

I am also a fan of the alternate jerseys/colors. I want to see these things every so often. My main hope is that orange returns to someone's lineup permanently, since no one is using it full time.

However, I am one of the people annoyed by the Cowboy's insistence on wearing white all the time. I am now probably going to have to deal with the Redskins doing it, too.

What do these teams have against color? Superstition? That makes no sense, because I've seen those teams WIN in color. So, then what's their excuse?

My 2 cents.

I don't mind all the uniform options, but I don't think the season is long enough. If you have 3 jerseys and 2 pants, you can go a whole season and only get a combo in 3 times.

As much as I love the 3rds in hockey, I don't like them in football.

I guess it varies by team, but in my ideal world, I'd wear light pants/ dark jersey at home, and light jersey/ dark pants on the road. Of course, you have to break out the throwbacks on Thankgiving weekend.

I'd actually like to see both teams wear dark jerseys if they're different enough.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I enjoy the way it is now. I dont see why the fuss over a team choosing itself to wear different combos of its team colors in jerseys/pants. The third jersey is wildly popular, and the varying pants color give the team an interesting new look.

When it comes right down to it, it is up to the team how they want to look. The only rule the NFL should make is that the team must dress all of their players alike, with legible numbers. If they want numbers painted on bare chests, fine. If the Dolphins want to wear an orange jersey and white pants against the Browns with White jerseys and orange pants, hooray for them. It is THEIR team, not the NFL's so that is where the decision should lie.

The dark-white is a simple set up: The home team picks first. Why is this difficult? Are we THAT simple minded and easily confused that we can't figure out during pre-game warmups or even the kickoff, which team is which?

I disagree 100% with this article.

It was well written however, and for that, good job Sharkie

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived