Most Overated players

stimpy

In hockey historicaly, it's Gretzky...

Um... yeah.... he's only "overrated" is you called him the best of all living things. Then maybe. But in terms of hockey, how was he overrated? You don't obliterate a league's record books--and we're talking a league with a history of over sixty years when he entered the league--and leave everyone else in your era in the dust by being somehow "overrated."

Gretzky has the best career the NHL game has ever known. Make your arguments for Howe or Orr, or whomever, for my money's it's Gretzky. Orr may very well have had the same type of career, had it not been cut sadly short. I can't fathom how that makes him overrated.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Baseball: Jeter is FAR overrated. That guy plays half-decent in the field, makes one lucky backhanded throw on a cut off, and dives into the stand 6 steps after catching a pop up, and people want to saint the guy. I'm so sick of the Yankees fans and their mouthfulls of Steinbrenner schlong about the players on his team. Jeter is the 5th best SS in the AL.

Bond is overrated if you listen to the talk of a couple of folks around here. Top 10 player all-time, but not the best. White-black-latino bullsheet aside (i hear that lame arguement over and over, and my eyes roll so hard it gives me a headache), Bond is a great player, not the best.

Football: Kurt Warner is completely overrated. He has a chance to prove me wrong this year with the Gi'Aints, but i don't see that happening.

Basketball: The NBA is overrated. Boring, slow, lazy, selfish, overpaid guys playing sloppy ball that did compare to the leevel of the international game. I say we shift NBA rules to match international play, and get in-line with the way the rest of the world plays.

Hockey: Martin St. Louis is a midget with some stick skill who benefits from his team featuring him to an unbeleiveable capacity. I'm sick of hearing about him.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Baseball: A-Rod (his drop in homers proves how much he depended on The Ballpark in Arlington)

Football: Jeff Garcia (just put up a big 0.0 rating against my 'Boys)

Basketball: Allen Iverson (if only he was a team player...)

Hockey: Dunno about this. Last year, definitely Guigere, but I don't know now...

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

If you Jeter overrated then you just dont understand what he does. How often he moves the runner into scoring position, takes the extra base or makes that play you cant see in the boxscore alone.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Basketball- Allen Iverson: amazing that the Sixers go to hell after the coach and the supporting cast leave

Hockey- Paul Kariya: dragged Ducks on his back from so long, then goes to Colorado and has a terrible year

Football- Eddie George: numbers dwindling, yet Cowboys still think he's the key to a playoff run

Baseball- Bernie Williams: injury prone, and only batting in the mid-200s. Steinbrunner's going to have to do something for next year... a trade for Ichiro?

VmWIn6B.png

Over-rated.

Most of the guys in the CFL. (Sorry if that offends, but if they were as good as the commentators say, they wouldn't be in the CFL.)

NHL: Gretzky? Are you kidding me? As for over-rated, what about Fleury? He went from being a big fish in a little pond in Calgary to a little fish in a big pond (NYC).

AFL:

James Hird is the best Essendon player I've seen, there's no way he's over-rated.

Over-rated would be CHad Cornes, who doesn't pick up an opponent, gets a lot of stats, but doesn't really hurt the opposition.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Over-rated.

Most of the guys in the CFL. (Sorry if that offends, but if they were as good as the commentators say, they wouldn't be in the CFL.)

NHL: Gretzky? Are you kidding me? As for over-rated, what about Fleury? He went from being a big fish in a little pond in Calgary to a little fish in a big pond (NYC).

AFL:

James Hird is the best Essendon player I've seen, there's no way he's over-rated.

Over-rated would be CHad Cornes, who doesn't pick up an opponent, gets a lot of stats, but doesn't really hurt the opposition.

- I agree with the CFL players

- Fleury has ALWAYS been a small fish ^_^

- I had a feeling you would disagree with aussie concerning Hird

I saw, I came, I left.

If you Jeter overrated then you just dont understand what he does. How often he moves the runner into scoring position, takes the extra base or makes that play you cant see in the boxscore alone.

^Yankees Fan.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Fleury, well, he was the buggest thing in Calgary for a while.

I was referring to his height :D

And is he as good as he's made out to be?

Or is it just all the commentators, too short to make it in hockey themselves who push him up?

Actually it had more to do with my previous quote:

- Fleury has ALWAYS been a small fish ^_^

Get it now?

I saw, I came, I left.

i understand what he does. I don't think he's the most over-rated by any means. I'd go with Sammy Sosa for that. He's been awful lately, and pretty much always. He's a liability in the field. Between him and Moises Alou, I have no idea how the Cubs catch anything hit to the outfield.

Jeter isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be. But the little things make him a great baseball player. His leadership, hustle, and intangables like you mentioned.

I hate him, but he isn't overrated.

Same with Bonds. I hate him, but he is one of the all time greats.

I'd say Farve is overrated in football....Totally Kidding!

Archived