Favourite TD Celebration

epper

After watching all of TO's and Joe Horn's celebrations over the last few years, im wondering, whats your favourite touchdown celebration? Theres the over-the-top style of SharpieGate or the cell phone antics, or theres the classics like the Mile High Salute.

Here are some of mine:

The Spike: Classic. Works very well when pulled off with some authority. See Brian Westbrook this week for example

The Leap into the crowd (aka the Lambeau Leap): I always think its cool when players can interact with the fans. Willis McGahee has been doing this in his recent TD's and it always seems to get the crowd going

TO's MidField Star pose: Although he sort of ruined it by trying it twice in one game (and getting drilled the 2nd time), i loved it the 1st time.

Dropping the ball/Handing the Ball to the Ref: I love this one. Without flaunting, the player just makes a statement that "Hey, a touchdown is a weekly routine for me. No big deal."

Some that are very overused/boring:

Dunking over the goalpost: seems like players do this when they cant think of anything else. for example, last week TO did it on his 3rd TD, most likely because used up his previous two ideas.

In a similar vein were the try celebrations in rugby league here that got a bit out of hand thanks to a competition run by one of the TV shows.

It all came to a head after a State of Origin game (NSW vs Qld, sort of like an all-star game but this is no friendly, its life and death)... normally close affairs but NSW smashed Qld one year and as the tries racked up the celebrations started.

There was "the grenade"... Player picks up the ball, pretends to rip out the grenade pin with his teeth, lobs it at his teammates who are standing to attention, then simultaneoulsy dive for cover as it "explodes".

Then "the strike"... teammates line up like ten-pins and the tryscorer bowls them over with the ball.

It all got a bit silly and I think those sort of celebrations are banned now, because they're disrespectful to your opposition.

liverpool-1.png

How about a little "Old School" Billy "White Shoes" Johnson celebration where he boogied like a flapper?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Barry Sanders

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

October 8, 1961 - Bears' HB Charlie Bivins runs in a 7 yard touchdown against Detroit, runs into the stands at Tiger Stadium, draws a 9 inch dagger from his sock and stabs 4 Lions fans to death, including a 72 year old grandmother.

Or perhaps I'm imagining that.

got love for the Dirty Bird...heck, i used to do it before i got introduced at pep rallies and before starts. mine was slightly different from Jamal Anderson's, but since i was a DT that was pretty much the only times i got to do it.

99 Rams' Bob n Weave-i remember Torry Holt, Ike Bruce and Mike Alstott doing this in the Pro Bowl several years back...and i recall Alstott looking like he was milking a cow and humping it at the same time :hockeysmiley: why the hell did the league ban this?

98 Saints...uh, leapfrog-um, yeah. you had to see it. moving on.

Lambeau Leap...the leap so nice it's been imitated a lot :D teh latest leaper being Willis McGahee

Ickey Shuffle...i recall one magazine actually had the steps to the Ickey Shuffle ^_^

T.O., the man of many dances...basically, you check out Primetime to see what he does next. my favorite...i can't decide. heck, i even thought it was funny when he decided to get some crunches in at Soldier Field...and I'm a Bears fan.

Bobby Engram's "Sprinkler"-might as well mention it. all he needs is water.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the Dirty Bird..that was awesome.

But my personal favorite is the one I do when I score a touchdown (rarity..seeing as how I play tackle)..

Ok, I score the touchdown and throw the football up into the tree. (we use a tree for our goalposts)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived