Giants in RED

Puckguy14

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparantly it is!

http://www.giants.com/news/press_releases/...p?story_id=3467

Giants to Wear Red Jerseys Today

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. ? The Giants will wear red jerseys for today?s game against the Philadelphia Eagles. It is the first time since the 1953 season that the Giants will wear red jerseys.

Before NFL games were on television, the Giants wore both blue jerseys and red jerseys. When games began to be televised with more frequency in the early 1950s, NFL Commissioner Bert Bell requested that all teams pick a solid color jersey and a white jersey. The Giants chose to wear blue jerseys, beginning with the 1954 season.

According to an NFL resolution regarding uniforms, a team is required to have a home uniform, a road uniform and a third uniform, the guidelines of which are: A.) an alternate color scheme, using the colors that are part of the club?s existing color palette and using the same design and logo as either the existing home or away uniform, or B.) a previously approved ?classic? uniform from the Club?s history.

The jerseys worn today represent the Giants alternate color jersey. In so doing, the team had to substitute anything that was blue with red, and anything that was red with blue.

The Giants are permitted to wear this jersey for one home game each season.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Apparantly it is!

http://www.giants.com/news/press_releases/...p?story_id=3467

According to an NFL resolution regarding uniforms, a team is required to have a home uniform, a road uniform and a third uniform, the guidelines of which are: A.) an alternate color scheme, using the colors that are part of the club?s existing color palette and using the same design and logo as either the existing home or away uniform, or B.) a previously approved ?classic? uniform from the Club?s history.

i don't think teams are "required" to have a third jersey. this article seems a little off...i've seen a few teams wear their alternate more than once at home. for example, my bengals, who are breaking out the lucky oranges for the second time in three weeks.

Just saw the jerseys in the game. Is it me or the blue seem out of place with all of the red involved??? In my opinion it doesn't look good. The Texans did a way better job.

I agree jrod, the blue helmets seem outta place with all the red on the rest of the uni. I do like the jerseys alone, I think they're pretty sharp, but yeah, the helmet seems outta place.

btw, what kinda patches are they wearing on these jerseys?

And IMHO, that'll be the LAST TIME THEY WILL EVER WEAR THOSE JERSEYS.

(Sorry, JQK, we own you!)

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

You own nothing

Enjoy your city.

It'll never be NYC...

...and you'll never stop watching Pokemon.........

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I liked the jersey.

FU*K THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!

27-6

:censored: THE GIANTS!

Anyway, I thought they were awful.

It was just way too convoluted with the blue helmet, red socks and jerseys, and the grey pants. Ick.

I thought the jersey worked well with the helmet. There were trace amounts of blue, and the helmet brought a nice contrast.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You own nothing.

Enjoy your city.

It'll never be NYC...

...and you'll never stop watching Pokemon

How bout them Jets?

I think the jerseys looked pretty crappy with the gray pants. I dunno if thats just me or not.

It was either a crap game by both, or a crap game by Philly, because whenever I turned it on, the Giants were either stuffing the eagles running back (westbrook?), or McNabb was throwing an incomplete pass....either way, about about an all-pennsylvania Super Bowl?

These jerseys would have looked better if the numbers had a trim color. I've never beeen much of a fan of the one-color number. (Now that I think of it, the same goes for their regular blue jersey!)

You own nothing you.

Enjoy your city.

It'll never be NYC...

...and you'll never stop watching Pokemon k.........

How bout them Jets?

I think the jerseys looked pretty crappy with the gray pants. I dunno if thats just me or not.

It was either a crap game by both, or a crap game by Philly, because whenever I turned it on, the Giants were either stuffing the eagles running back (westbrook?), or McNabb was throwing an incomplete pass....either way, about about an all-pennsylvania Super Bowl?

WHOA, WAIT A MINUTE.

Did JQK just call Philly "grimey?"....and then talk like NYC ISN'T?!

I'm just going to ignore every post he makes from now on.

NYC isn't exactly a Utopia, smart guy.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

Archived