New York Jets

slapshot

I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread, so here's my own New York Jets concept.

I like the current uniform style, but I made a few changes to bring in other part of the Jets' past: Green helmets, black striping & trim, a lighter green color, and a modern font, which resembles the lettering in the current logo.

jets.gif

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i like the new number font, and the lighter green....but thats about all. IMO, the jets unis are among the best in the league, and to me, adding black for the sake of adding black (see reds, mets, royals, lions...) doesn't always work out for the better.

It's not black for the sake of black...the Jets had black in the 90s, maybe even in the 80s. It made the design crisper, except around the lettering on the helmet. So that's why I put it back in the scheme.

I like the concept, i would like to see a return to green helmets. Personally, I would like to see the Jets go totally modern. I mean, one retro team is good enough for NY. I dont know how hard a modern jets look would be, but I would like to see what people could come up with.

Either way, I like the concept :D

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

First, I agree that the green helmets would like to make a comeback.

Now, the nit-picking:

• IMHO, the uniform looks a lot like a green version of the Colts' unis.
  • A modernized logo on the helmet, like a sillouette of the B-2 with "NYJ" on it, would be better.
  • A third color, maybe a metalic gold, is needed instead of the black.
  • Get rid of the green pants!

Enough said.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I loved the jets look in the 90s, and i think they should return to it, but i love your green color and the number font is absolutley amazing. great stuff. on a side note, that is the best template i have ever seen. good work jp. i hope my new template can look that good haha.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I didn't create this template...I redrew it based on the the figures on the Football Uniforms Past & Present website. I just drew it without the player inside, and added my own shading. No originality from me at all for that one, until I find a pose I like with a good non-distorted view.

I didn't realize how close is was to Indianapolis, so I'll touch it up a bit, as well as thinning the outlines so everything is more legible. I think I'll go back to colored sleeves, and putting something in them, whether it's the numbers or another logo.

The problem with putting an actual logo with the Jets is that is becomes instantly dated. The Winnipeg Jets had a good silhouette (in real life and in a few of the concepts seen here), but that's one of the few things that can be done with it. Look at the Houston Aeros...their clip-art fighter jet already looks a little "Top Gun" era, and no matter how modern you want to make the uniforms and scheme, dated imagery will contrast with it.

hey jp, may i as what font that is you used for the numerals, and whether or not it is free to obtain haha.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The font was Champion Middleweight. It was used primarily in Sports Illustrated (hence the boxing-type description), until it was made commercially available.

The picture has been edited. I brought back the colored sleeves, to differentiate from the Colts. I couldn't find or think of a good logo to go in the sleeves, so they're now colored for no reason other than aesthetics. And I thinned the black outline around the numbers so they're more legible.

The Jets logo always was way, way too busy. In my opinion, the worst logo in the NFL.

I wish the Jets would play around with the NY. Maybe even use the NY that the Mets use on their caps (and baseball giants did on theirs).

Whatever they do, please, please DON'T go back to the Jets they had with the green helmets.

looks very good, I too like that template alot, the shadows make it look more beleivable. This is a very solid concept, great number font, and I don't mind black I'm all for modernization and stuff. I would try a new logo too.

Howard1.jpg

i like that jets logo from the 80s and 90s green helmets. its a good modern logo, and one of the only helmets that ever looked goo with a word on it. thanks for the font and template info jp. i think im going to do that very same thing and redraw that past/present template since it is a good one, except i will probably modernize it and cap the sleeves and whatnot haha.

Archived