Akron Zips!

Evan

What can I say, this is one of my favorite logo packages. The Zips design is amazing, Joe Bosack did an excellent job with this university. That being said, I wanted to come up with something stylish for the football squad....the helmet with the just the ears on it is just something cool I thought of. Kinda cute eh?

akronzippps.gif

Comments?

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Nice job! I love that second helmet, too.

BTW, nice signature image. It's not everyday that you see Mr. Trevor Horn sneeking around. :D

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Haha yes, it will be adorable, and they'll get laughed off the field. :D

Why would they get laughed off the field? One ear on each side is no different than one ram horn on each side.

But, its, Bunnies! :shocked:

if youre going to do two helmets. make the home helmet gold with the blue roo on it, and make the away navy with one gold ear on each side. id also delete and centre stripes from them to add sleekness to this already modern uniform set. use those navy pants with the away, and add a pair of gold pants for use with the home set. great job. the numbers fir the style very well, and the jersey pattern is very unique. id like to see it in real action.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

BTW, nice signature image. It's not everyday that you see Mr. Trevor Horn sneeking around. :D

hooray! Im glad someone knew who that man was

Thanks for the comments so far guys...i just realised that it will look like 4 ears on tha helmet. That just slipped my mind yesterday! Maye I will come up with a new helmet idea later

Haha yes, it will be adorable, and they'll get laughed off the field. :D

Why would they get laughed off the field? One ear on each side is no different than one ram horn on each side.

But, its, Bunnies! :shocked:

Sweet, the Akron Bunnies! You can't anymore original than that? :lol: (No offense to your design, I quite like it!)

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It's not a bunny. It's Zippy the kangaroo.

"Zippy" the kangaroo was officially declared The University of Akron's mascot on May 1, 1953. Chair of a committee to suggest a mascot, All-American Zip diver Bob Savoy recommended the kangaroo and it was approved by the student council.

At first much resentment and apathy surrounded the decision, which was made without the benefit of a campuswide vote. Defenders of the kangaroo countered with, "it is an animal that is fast, agile and powerful with undying determination - all the necessary qualities of an athlete."

Pete Demming appeared as the first "Zippy" kangaroo at the inaugural Acme-Zip football game in 1954.

Now fully accepted and an integral part of UA's athletics program, "Zippy" is revered by alumni and loved by children.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

well...

akronzipsear.gif

go with it! I like the full head idea more, but I think this one is pretty cool. That being said, I really don't care for that gold as a helmet color. I really like that gold, but I prefer it as an accent color and to help compliment the blue and the white. We'll see what happens though...

That kangaroo ears helmet B, B, S and S all at the same time!

[betcha haven't heard that one in a long while!]

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

That kangaroo ears helmet B, B, S and S all at the same time!

[betcha haven't heard that one in a long while!]

It's still extremely annoying, in fact you saying that CRAVENS!

Now about the concept, I love the way the side stripes signify the movement of the kangaroo. Its almost like the kangaroo hopped along the line to get to where it is on the sleeves. nice work.

Archived