Satelite pic of Arco Arena in Sacramento

IronChefShark

Wow. Very cool. Hey, wait a minute! Is that my.....no, it couldn't be...*squints*...OMG, that's my girlfriend!!! And....and.....my....best friend?!? What are they doing?!?! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!!!

Oops. Sorry. Satellite imagery never worked that well for me...I vow revenge. :mad:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Looks more like the reminence of one, because you see the diamond, and a very small fan stand behind it. So it looks like whatever was there is long gone.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

On second glance, that facility does kinda look like an ancient Olympic stadium remnants or something. Wonder when that happened?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The baseball stadium idea came up back in 1992 when the city was going for a MLB expansion franchise. They lost out when citizens refused to pay for any of the cost. The issue came up again in 1997 and again when they were going to build a stadium for the Rivercats. That stadium obviously went elsewhere. Now there's just a shadow of what was supposed to be a large sports complex. If I'm not mistaken back in 1991 they planned on having the Kings, Surge (WLAF), and whatever baseball team play in the same complex with three stadiums. The WLAF folded that year and the city couldn't get the referendum passed for the baseball team. Now it's a complex, a sign advertising the complex, a huge parking lot...and the arena. Out in the middle of freakin nowheresville.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived