DetroitHockey.Net secondary logo concept

CJR

I'm working on a new secondary logo to go with the new version of DetroitHockey.Net and I'm looking for some feedback. What I've got so far is as follows:

secondary_logo_options.gif

They're based on the logo Minnesota Wild third jersey and the old Chicago Black Hawks logo.

Different parts can be mixed and matched, so the one I think I like the most right now is the circle and text from #1 & #2 with the inner letters from #4 (with the colors switched to have a red background and while letters). The inner letters on #5 and #6 are the same but are slightly different from #4. I just don't know if having "hockey.net" on the bottom of the circle (rather than just "hockey") makes it too crowded.

Is the love for the second one coming because it uses the shield/crossed sticks logo rather than any version of the "DH" logo? More likely than not, I'm going to use some version of the "DH" logo in the secondary one and maybe use the shield/sticks logo in a third logo or something like that. I'm just not sure which "DH" logo (if any) is the best and which version of the outer circle is better.

#1 for me. I like the "D" in the shield with crossed sticks better than the "DH" logo. I choose 1 over 2 because I think the white face makes the logo stand out more than the red face does.

Is the love for the second one coming because it uses the shield/crossed sticks logo rather than any version of the "DH" logo?

Yes. I think the first design base, (the one used for concepts 1 and 2) more thna any of the others, tells me everything I want to know about your site and still looks awesome. The shield logo screams hockey to me so much more than just an old-face DH does, and the circle surrounding it boldy states who you are.

I chose number two because I think the red background looks bolder than number one does, but I think both of those are great. Not nearly as much a fan of the other designs as I am of the first two.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I took a look at the site, and the crossed sticks is the main logo, it seems. That explains why you wanna use the "DH" this time around for the seconday. Keeping that in mind, my vot's for #4 with #2's outer circle.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

#2 as is, it jumped off the page at me, the others, while having merit, pale next to it...

I think it's a combination of the logo and the red background...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived