Baltimore Orioles Redesign Concept

AAO

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always so impressed with your work, both the creative and execution aspects of it. THis is no different.

And, like many, I wish the O's would consider your Oriole. It rocks!

:notworthy:

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

i guess im the only one to notice this, but thats not what an oriole looks like. they have an orange breast and black wings...maybe this isnt a big deal, but it immediately caught my attention. i think a cartoon-y bird might be in order. orioles just arent fierce or imposing

The second logo (the full-body bird) is exceptional, just downright awesome...the primary logo is strong as well...except I'm not a huge fan of the unis...maybe I too traditionalistic, but I'm just not on board. The logos are very nice, though.

i was ditching grey and moving on, leaving most tradition behind. i think teams should wear team colors, like the rest of the major league sports (NBA, NFL, NHL). They dont have a standard color for any jersey, except the home with a few exceptions. Every team having a grey uniform is boring to me.

THat is exactly my sentiment on boring grey.

on several instances, the grey clashes badly with team colors.

as for this design, i like it, i never cared for what they wear now.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I would also suggest you have the dominate letter on the left. And I don't care for the football-inspired inserts. Also you can't make out the cap logo. Other than that they're fine. And sorry, I'm still a grey traditionalist. We left the technicolor uniform combos in the disco '70s.

:mad::flagcanada: GO BLUE JAYS GO! Angelos is an idiot!

Not every animal logo needs to be imposing or menacing - definitely not Orioles.

Like always, this is a really well done concept. But, it would be better suited to a college team. The Orioles currently have really nice uniforms, and the only things that need to be changed are having "Baltimore" on the aways, and maybe losing the current hat logo in favor of the cartoon bird (which rules).

on several instances, the grey clashes badly with team colors.

??? I don't think I've ever seen grey clash with anything.

The logo's are amazing...I like the way the diamond is "non-traditional", for the lack of a better term. THe only thing I'm not too fond of is the stripes on the sides....I do, however, like how they are on the orange jersey. I like how it's a thick black stripe with thinner white piping....I like that better than the 3 medium stripes.

• 5 months later...
They're all the same design anyway.

And what is that supposed to mean.

Yea theyre the same design since birds, mountains, and fish (Orioles, Marlins, Rockies) look the same. Bastard.

Personally, I don't really like this concept--hence its not in my current portfolio. I did this while I was an absolute newbie to illustrator. I personally hate the wordmark, looking back on it. It was done about 8 months ago.

They're all the same design anyway.

And what is that supposed to mean.

Yea theyre the same design since birds, mountains, and fish (Orioles, Marlins, Rockies) look the same. Bastard.

Personally, I don't really like this concept--hence its not in my current portfolio. I did this while I was an absolute newbie to illustrator. I personally hate the wordmark, looking back on it. It was done about 8 months ago.

Just to let you know, I belong to an Orioles message board (well I was so disgusted with the O's huge collapse I haven't been there in like two monthes.). Anyway, someone on there found you concept (actually this thread) and posted it on the boards. Alot of people like the logo, but weren't huge on the uniforms themselves (mostly the side panels). I would have given you the link, but I had big computer problems at the time. Just thought you'd like to hear what the actual fans thought. If the thread still exists and I can find it I will give you the link.

Archived