Baltimore Orioles Redesign Concept

AAO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:notworthy:

Absolutely outstanding!

Here are a few observations/suggestions:

-I would use the Tertiary (Bird with Wings) logo for the cap in order to increase the amount of orange (and contrast)

-Although I absolutely LOVE the originality of the striping it doesn't look very Major Leagues to me, more Minors'. With everybody going Classic with pinstripes or greys (which I am sick of already) I wonder if this colourful concept would fly in MLB.

-The Asimetry of the word Orioles throws me off at first, but grows on me. It has the shape of a swinging bat. I like it best on the Orange shirt where the font seems to "balloon".

-In the logo with wordmark, I would increase the size of the word "Baltimore"

-Finally, no darker pants? I guess with everyone's aversion for Orange (everyone BUT ME) it would have to be grey. Unless you go black pants / Orange top.

-Ooops, one more: actually it's a question: Why are the white lateral stripes much narrower on beside the balck side panel on the Orange shirt than the orange stripes on the other two shirts? Is it because of the white pants' stripes that cut the continuity?

Nevertheless, I absolutely LOVE this, especially the Logos!

You may have noticed that the concepts I really appreciate from the designers are respect the most get more criticism from me.

^_^

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

thanks a lot frenchie

Why are the white lateral stripes much narrower on beside the balck side panel on the Orange shirt than the orange stripes on the other two shirts? Is it because of the white pants' stripes that cut the continuity?

That's because the home and away uniforms have a black stripe running through the middle of the side panels, while the orange alternate has a solid black strip with silver outline on the pants and white on the jersey.

I love the logo, I think it is my favorite of yours so far. What would you think about going with an orange cap? You know to show off the logo some more. Killer job, and I can't even stand baseball. I predict you will be very rich one day.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

I'm usually one that thinks they should go back to the 70's look, but those are awesome. Just awesome.

the only thing I cna think to do, is use some combination of black & orange in teh socks and stirrups

*spelling & content edit*

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Outstanding logos, especially the one with the orange wings. I'd love to see these logos used in a slightly more traditional concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like the logos. If you're going to use just the Orioles head on a cap, it needs something to set it out from the rest of the black cap...an orange outline? Also, a black cap with an orange brim brings back O's fans to the days when we were a perennial contender and was worn by all our "legends." Personally, I don't care for the side stripes on the jersey or the pants, but perhaps for BP. I wish they would bring back an orange alternate jersey.

Did you have to pick Surhoff???? :wink2:

Bill813.png

That's because the home and away uniforms have a black stripe running through the middle of the side panels, while the orange alternate has a solid black strip with silver outline on the pants and white on the jersey.

I just noticed the length of the stripes are different on each sides of the pants.

Do you have Right-Handed vs. Leaft Handed versions?

Is the longer side supposed to face the Pitcher or the catcher?

Does a switch hitter changes between innings or just get one with 2 long stripes?

:P

I just can't stop looking at it...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived