2005 World Logo Poker Tournament - Hand #1

Puckguy14

"First time caller, long time loser."

Now that I've completed my first CCSLC-sanctioned contest/leg/hand/whatever, I'm feeling good about life. I've noticed things that I never knew were there before; birds singing, dew glistening on a newly formed leaf, stoplights....

OK, first off, I'm raising my stake to 500.

Quick explanation of the ticket:

1) Instead of focusing on city, I focused on host team, so the mesh-dotted jersey is the Jaguars' alternate uni (thank you, Nick).

2) It looks as if SuperBowl.com loves Copperplate Gothic, so I used it in just about every instance.

3) Not only are the Super Bowl logos (twice) and NFL logo used, I managed to sneak in all 32 teams (although the conference logos cover them).

4) Jenny owns this ticket; that's why her number is on the bar code.

I hope you guys like it; it's been fun. See you at the Alternate Jersey table.

- Blackjack

B76_SBticket_0111.gif

Cards.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey gordie, if you dont mind my asking, what font is that you used for "lower level - west?" it looks really professional and clean, and ive been looking for something similar for personal use.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Okay, I finished mine...

event1.jpg

I got inspiration from the SB 32 ticket. In that year, they used a jungle/zoo theme (you know, San Diego Zoo). I didn't know what Jacksonville was known for, so I did the encyclopedia thing where I found the city/region is known for it's yachting. I copied the waves from the actual logo for the "Super Bowl XXXIX" & "Jacksonville, FL" and used the Jags' gold color. As you can see, I went unique & used the Jags' number font for the ticket, but had to alter a zero for the "D" letter. I believe I went along the same road as past tickets and feel this is a worthy hand. Or, I could do this...

[mackbrown]PLEASE, vote for us!!![/mackbrown]

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Citizens Bank Park uses scanners, but I think the Linc uses tear offs. I know that they tore off on my Army/Navy ticket.

A bit late here, but Lincoln Financial Field uses scanners. LFF and the Wachovia Center use hand-held scanners, while Citizens Bank Park has scanners in the turnstiles. Also, MCI Center uses hand-held scanners.

hey gordie, if you dont mind my asking, what font is that you used for "lower level - west?" it looks really professional and clean, and ive been looking for something similar for personal use.

ZapfHumnst BT with increased spacing and reduced height.

The line of text above 'LOWER LEVEL - WEST' is what it looks like in regular form.

I went unique & used the Jags' number font for the ticket, but had to alter a zero for the "D" letter.

:cursing:

I hate to say it, but you're not UNIQUE... Great minds think alike... I did the same, just was TOO SLOW to unveil to look Creative...

Oh well, that's the price to pay.

Still gonna use it, because I think it is a great idea, and seing someone else think about it as well, shows me I wasn't out to lunch...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Et Voilà, la main de Frenchie!

event1frenchief0qr.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Alright, I'm not usually a big fan of "justifying yourself" by explaining the whole concept, I feel it should speak by itself.

But again, if you were "pitching" to a client, you would give them the whole background.

And since most of you already explain your concepts, so will I.

Since most Superbowl tickets usually carry the theme of the city, I thought I'd be original and actually base my concept on the host team, rather than the city.

Especially since the city is already represented in the Official Logo by the bridge.

This decision had been made before I saw any of the othr concepts.

So you will recognize the Jags in the background, the colours of the text boxes, and yes, like "vicfurth", in the font of the seat numbers

I can't believe he modified the "0" to a "D" just like I did <_<

Also note that this is my first concept entirely created in PaintShop Pro...

Good Luck to ALL!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived