Cleveland Indians Concept..took 7 hours

AAO

I like the "C" with the feather logo.

IMO Wahoo looks a bit like an angry girl with pig-tails.

I'm sure it's by design, but I'm not a fan of the "n"s in "Indians" being mirror images of each other. I think with smaller words it can look cool, but I think in this case it looks more like a mistake / oversight than by design.

I do like how you are not afraid to step away from tradition and modernize MLB, however I'm not a fan of how you are using dark socks with lighter stirrups. Actually, I'm not a fan of stirrups period, since the whole reason they came about in the first place isn't really valid anymore. I think you can achieve the look you are going for without the stirrups.

Hope this didn't sound too critical, I think it is a great job overall.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You by far are my favorite artist on this board, I love the colors and the designs, BUT?.My only problem and don?t please don?t take this the wrong way, is the main logo, the Indian looks like he his at the barber shop getting a hair cut. You know with the drape to catch his hair.

haha thanks...yea the primary, it was kind of, i hate to say...slopped together. originally i was going to go with just the head and a wordmark, but i didnt just want the head floating, so i sort of...threw a body on there. and i originally had the hair streaks at the top the other way, where the 3 points were at the top and it looked less girl like, so ill probably go back to that and post it so you can see what im talking about.

Hey AAO I definitely like that you are not just letting the head float there with words on the primary logo....it was a good idea to enclose it all. I agree that the body of the Indian needs some work, (I would say specifically where his right feather meets his shoulder, there is an awkward negative space gap) but it is going in the right direction.

I like the treatment of the face though, looks great. I am not too much of a fan of gradients and I know you probably put ot there so as to not make that background too plain. Had you tried maybe putting the chief on top of the words? Also, in a lot of your designs you have very dramatically angled serifs. When outlined, they obviously get emphasized and make sometimes some awkward shapes. I know this is a hard thing to work around, and I'm not really saying I know how to change that, or if it really needs to be changed necessarily, just something I noticed. I might like the "C" with the feathers if it was more consistent with the "C" in "Cleveland" on the blue jersey.

Speaking of the jerseys, other than the butt-logos, these are by far my favorites that you have made. really classy, and they have a certain look to them that fits the team very well. I can tell you have spent a lot more time on this one, and it shows, good work my man. I hope that someday you will be able to go back and make all these little refinements...you will end up having a really great portfolio!

It looks sweet, dude. I showed it to a HUGE Cleveland fan here at work. He really digs it. We agreed we'd wear a shirt with that C on it. Very nice.

The wordmark's right side, where the middle point comes out for the S looks a little uneven, but thats as picky as I can be.

Do you have a detail of the arm striping?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

so i need some info about stirrups.

Generally, the sock color is white (unless you are the A's) and the stirrup is a team color.

Stirrups (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) came about because teams wanted colored socks, but the dyes used in the socks at the time would have caused infections if a player got a cut on his lower leg (due to a hard slide or something.) The players would wear white "sanitary" socks, and then put a colored sock over it. The stirrups were used so that the players weren't wearing two layers of socks under their shoes. The original stirrups were very, very low, so you really couldn't tell that they weren't solid color socks. Around the 70's, players started wearing them higher and higher until they became like an extension of the pants stripe. Now, since the dyes used are different, there's really no need for stirrups, so just my opinion, for a modern concept, they aren't necessary. Not that they can't be used, just that I don't think it's a requirement for a baseball template to include stirrups anymore.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if anything I stated isn't accurate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You are 100% right.

As far as stirrups...there are only a few players that wear them anymore. I know greg maddux does and he looks rediculous, until he k's your favorite teams of course. Most teams wear solid team colors, and you can't see them anyway as their wear their pants low to ultra low. I think even the A's wear solid green now.

I can't be for sure, but as recently as 2002, the cardinals still had stripes on their "official" team socks. Ankiel wore his pants up as did a couple other pitchers a few years ago. I haven't seen a cardinal wear his pants up for a few years, so I'm not sure if they still have the stripes or not.

I think the braves and red sox also had stripes in this century.

I personally like the solid colors with the pants up. But that's a personal preference. They have colored socks for a reason people! :)

the best ever was when jim thome started the trend here in cleveland of the all red socks with the pants up to the knees. hey AAO, if you feel it would be more appropriate, you can grab the calves from the football template and put them in place of the stirrups. i did that on mine, as i realized i dont like stirrups.

as for the design

chief wahoo looks more like an evil shaman than a "chief." he may be a little too complex for my liking.

the script, like many of yours, is much too angular for me, and it kind of makes it difficult to read, especially, the S, with its 800 pointed serifs.

the C is the strongest part of the package, but is still very angular, obviously, and it doesnt tie into the rest of the wordmark.

you can definitely improve this a lot more.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's obvious I am in the minority, but I really don't like the main logo at all.

I don't think this Indian should offend Native Americans, but it might offend the millions who suffer from constipation. He looks more constipated than fierce. Put this face on a Box of Metamucil and you have a winner.

i like the chief, and on a semi-related note I used to wear stirrups...for football. I'm not kidding. thankfully I discovered the bus and later, soccer socks.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the input. Helps out a lot. Now i actually know what the hell stirrups are and their function.

It's obvious I am in the minority, but I really don't like the main logo at all.

I don't think this Indian should offend Native Americans, but it might offend the millions who suffer from constipation. He looks more constipated than fierce. Put this face on a Box of Metamucil and you have a winner.

i like input and suggestions and people who help, but when people say dumb :censored: like the little constipation sherade this dude went on and try to make smart ass comments it makes me cringe. i was fine with him not liking it but then he somehow figured chief wahoo was 'constipated.' thanks for that ignore user button chris.

thanks diablo

Hey AAO I definitely like that you are not just letting the head float there with words on the primary logo....it was a good idea to enclose it all. I agree that the body of the Indian needs some work, (I would say specifically where his right feather meets his shoulder, there is an awkward negative space gap) but it is going in the right direction.

I like the treatment of the face though, looks great. I am not too much of a fan of gradients and I know you probably put ot there so as to not make that background too plain. Had you tried maybe putting the chief on top of the words? Also, in a lot of your designs you have very dramatically angled serifs. When outlined, they obviously get emphasized and make sometimes some awkward shapes. I know this is a hard thing to work around, and I'm not really saying I know how to change that, or if it really needs to be changed necessarily, just something I noticed. I might like the "C" with the feathers if it was more consistent with the "C" in "Cleveland" on the blue jersey.

Speaking of the jerseys, other than the butt-logos, these are by far my favorites that you have made. really classy, and they have a certain look to them that fits the team very well. I can tell you have spent a lot more time on this one, and it shows, good work my man. I hope that someday you will be able to go back and make all these little refinements...you will end up having a really great portfolio!

thanks ben love hearin your critique...yea i try to avoid gradients as much as possible, but plain grey or white was looking a little too bland for my taste. and i understand what your saying about the serifs, and i know its really pointy, but i really wanted to go with it because i felt it went with the scheme of things in this identity.

It looks sweet, dude. I showed it to a HUGE Cleveland fan here at work. He really digs it. We agreed we'd wear a shirt with that C on it. Very nice.

The wordmark's right side, where the middle point comes out for the S looks a little uneven, but thats as picky as I can be.

Do you have a detail of the arm striping?

thanks, eh its not much detail its a red triangle basically, more of an arrowhead really, then a grey circle, red triangle, repeated 6 times around the arm.

Holy crap that looks good but I'm kind of seeing a gradient/watermark that's laying on top of the logo itself. What are you trying to accomplish there?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived