Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game used Zimmer for $10.50?

Apparently, this was the Turn Back the Truth Night game for the Sox, when they pretended the franchise originated in Texas before relocating to New England. :mad:

Plus, I'd like to see the Don Zimmer who could fit into a Size 44 jersey. <_<

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's sad that people are actually bidding for that.

They just dont have the knowledge or keen eye for spotting fakes that most of the people here do.

QUOTE (chief103182 @ Friday, October 21st, 2005 - 20:24:39)

They just dont have the knowledge or keen eye for spotting fakes that most of the people here do.

Looks legit - Zimmer was Slimmer 31 years ago... Glad to see you have a keen eye for spotting fakes...

Dressed to the Nines

Looks legit - Zimmer was Slimmer 31 years ago... Glad to see you have a keen eye for spotting fakes...

Dressed to the Nines

That is a white jersey with "BOSTON" written on it, the link you put up shows the Grey Road "Boston", and the font looks different. According to my copy of the MLB Jersey Style Guide (promoted here) the font is totally different for that particular jersey, as is the tagging. The correct font for the "Boston" for 1974 is the same font on the road jersey of today's jersey. It is clear that the two fonts are different, and in fact, not even close.

Are you agreeing with me that it looks fake, or are you being sarcastic?

metslogo_215.gif

This is the worst I've seen. I saw this on a Milwaukee Admirals fansite a while back. This was from an ebay auction back in 02 claiming it was an "Authentic" jersey.

fakejersey.jpg

This is the only dark jersey the Ads have worn with that logo(which isn't even correct on the fake):

Milwaukee_Dark_Replica_Jersey_Image.jpg

Just to give you an idea on the numbers on the real things(the darks have the blue numbers with a white outline instead of the copper)...

admchamp.jpg

I don't think that's fake, I think it's just typical Majestic replica crap. I'm pretty sure I saw that jersey at Finish Line once.

Me too! They also had sammy sosa, jim thome. No, not a fake. The numbering is tackle twill as is the front crest. It's a line they have going that has a complimentary jacket and shirt. Not to bad of a package also. But not the complete deal.

How would you like to be the asshat wearing this complete with upside down 8's. At least they got them wrong on both sides so they match.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

How would you like to be the asshat wearing this complete with upside down 8's. At least they got them wrong on both sides so they match.

Upside down 8's? Aren't the Raiders' 8's symmetrical, just like on that jersey you posted? The jersey you posted is not a true Moss authentic (note the old NFL collar logo), but I wouldn't be complaining about upside down 8's, especially when they're not there. Be careful of odd angles in pictures.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Dressed to the Nines

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Archived