Whos the best QB of all time?

Pat

Whos the best QB of all time?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my lifetime? Joe Montana. Hands down.

All-time? I'd have to say who I voted for - Otto Graham. His numbers aren't great by today's standards but back in his day he was #1 with a bullet... and leading your team to TEN consecutive title games as he did from 1946-1955, win or lose, puts you among the elite no matter what.

nav-logo.png

Namath doesn't belong on the list.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Its a bit premature maybe but I went for Brady. He has achieved so much already, and has plenty of time to add to it.

I also think that what you what as a QB is important. I didn't want some flash passer ahead of an intelligent and determind decision maker.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I went with Joe Montana.

Although, I don't feel it's out of the question to choose Tom Brady. In fact, I almost did. The only argument against him is "He's too young, and hasn't played long enough to be the best"... but that really only works to his credit as he's already a 3-time Super Bowl Champion, coming off of, probably, his best season -- and he plays with the poise of a well-seasoned veteran (especially come playoff time)

IUe6Hvh.png

I went with the rings. Terry Bradshaw.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I hate brady anyway so he'll always be a lucky hack to me. Elway was great, Marino was great...but I must go with the Great #4. Put brady on the worst team, they'd still be the worst team. Put Favre on the worst team, said team now has a shot.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I went old school with Johnny U. It's hard for me to compare modern QB's with the older ones since the era from Bradshaw on was much more pass-happy. I think Unitas did more to improve the image and role of Quarterbacks in his era than others, and the only other QBs I can think of that totally changed the way anyone feels about the position would be Montana an maybe Elway. In Unitas' time, he was the only one putting up numbers later mirrored by Marino, Favre and Manning.

And besides, he had a haircut you can set your watch to.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I hate brady anyway so he'll always be a lucky hack to me. Elway was great, Marino was great...but I must go with the Great #4. Put brady on the worst team, they'd still be the worst team. Put Favre on the worst team, said team now has a shot.

But favre has 1 superbowl ring to Brady's 3. And man for man weren't Favre's Superbowl packers better than the Pats are now? Thats not to say favre isn't a great QB, all the guys on the list are, but Tom has done wonders so far. And would the Pats have won 3 superbowls without a Brady behind center? his leadership on that final drive in there first win was a sight to see, even more so from a first year starter. And for me QB has a lot to do with brains, less with the arm.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Went with Automatic Otto for this one.....10 title games in 10 years? Yet to see anyone match that. That's greatness, IMO....may not be the stat leader but being consistantly there year in and year out for a shot at the ring....I'd have to give Jim Kelly the same consideration as well...4 straight shots at the ring in ANY sport is hard to do...

Montana was a very close 2nd for me on this list (seeing he and Elway were the GODS of the comeback win....too bad Elway never had much of a running game until very late in his career, otherwise he'd have more than 2 rings in his collection)...Johnny U was close as well...he set the benchmark by which all QBs are measured, IMO. That and he was a part of a very consistant bunch (those Colts teams in the late 50s, 60s, and early 70s were great...I try to cloud out the sight of him in a Chargers uni :lol: )

Manning, Fouts, and Marino never entered the equation....all the gaudy stats in the world and a combined 1 SB appearence among em...and in that one, the Niners made Marino run all over Palo Alto crying for his mommy. (Am I alone in finding that dig on Marino by Boomer Esiason after the Pats/Colts game extremely funny?)

Brady? Jury's still out right now....he's had a phenominal start to his career (as much as I hate to admit it seeing I despise the Pats..although in his defense, at least he ain't a stinkin' Dolphin), but I wanna see what he and the Pats can do WITHOUT Crennel and Weis there to help out Billy Boy (and I can't place this guy on the "Greatest Coaches Of All Time" platform yet....he might have a better record in the Postseason than one Vince Lombardi, but Vince still has more rings....that and I remember how much of a frickin' HACK he was when he coached the Browns v. 1.0)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

And man for man weren't Favre's Superbowl packers better than the Pats are now?

Man for man the 1996 Packers were one of the all-time great teams. Even though it feels kinda like they weren't cause it's my team and how could that be.

Not since the '72 Fins had a team scored the most points in the league AND allowed the least points in the league in the same season.

Add to that the fact that at the time Chris Jacke was the most accurate FG kicker in history and Desmond Howard had like 2 kickoff and 2 punt returns for TDs and I think you can make the argument that the '96 Packers were the last champions to be obviously the best at every phase of the game.

As opposed to say, the Ravens, who were clearly better at some parts than others.

As for how that relates to Favre's greatness? I have no idea. I can not speak with intelligence on the issue of the greatest QB of all time. Far too many factors to weigh.

#4 is my favorite all-time. But hard to argue against Unitas or Montana.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Dan Marino holds all the records and never had any help during his career the Dolphins had just 1 rusher run for 1,000 yards, and it was late in his career.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived