Nationals BP Jersey

philly97flyer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The mods could take it out once they close his account, I bet

Why not just turn off signatures? Works for me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

thanks for banning "Christowack".

I try not to get ruffled by this episode, but must admit it's disturbing that some (biased) people actually believe (still) that it was me ~ anyway, guess I'm the ideal cadidate for it, since I've "cried wolf" before... most of which was basically insecurity about my designs... which, thankfully I'm over now, and feeling quite peaceful / relieved lately.

it's disturbing that some (biased) people actually believe (still) that it was me

Because it was you. IP addresses don't lie.

I figure you probably noticed that Christowack was banned after you were unable to log in with that username.

Here ya go, bud.. a reasonable sized version of your signature...

Feel free to save it off and use it.

christo.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

yep I.P. addresses cannot be faked. there is only one way that it cant be you. that is if you have a broadband connection and there is more than one computer where you live. the broadband account has one single ip address and then your router assigns network IP's to your computer. but whenever both computers are online it still shows only 1 ip address. i must say if that was you though, thats odd, and i wouldnt have taken it to other threads with that.

thanks paynomind... my sig was blatantly LARGE~ and I admit to doing that on purpose, for various justifiable reasons.

I'll create another one, probably based on how you structured it.

and btw, this thing w/ the c-wack using my Ip address ( if that's true ) is a serious concern, especially since there's people saying it's impossible, ie: "can't be done"... hmmmmmmm... where have I heard THAT comment before ?

and btw, this thing w/ the c-wack using my Ip address ( if that's true ) is a serious concern, especially since there's people saying it's impossible, ie: "can't be done"... hmmmmmmm... where have I heard THAT comment before ?

From one of those small faint voices that only you can hear.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

and btw, this thing w/ the c-wack using my Ip address ( if that's true ) is a serious concern, especially since there's people saying it's impossible, ie:  "can't be done"...  hmmmmmmm... where have I heard THAT comment before ?

From one of those small faint voices that only you can hear.

:shocked: BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

Yet you posted from the exact same IP address...

I've spent some time looking into this ~ as it's a serious security concern... anyway, did a google search and found out how christohack was able to "spoof" / IMPERSONATE my I.P address... as you've said is the case.

although this was upsetting... it was very EDUCATIONAL / enlightening... so, once again... thanks (to c-wack, and his kind) for inadvertantly helping me ~ turns out I absolutely need to get a firewall or "NAT" < NAT ;~) (how ironically appropriate)

here are a couple of excerpts from the info I found...

IP Spoofing

By Kapil Sharma http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue63/sharma.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spoofing attack involves forging one's source address. It is the act of using one machine to impersonate another. Most of the applications and tools in UNIX rely on the source IP address authentication. Many developers have used the host based access controls to secure their networks. Source IP address is a unique identifier but not a reliable one. It can easily be spoofed. To understand the spoofing process, First I will explain about the TCP and IP authentication process and then how an attacker can spoof you network.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IP_spoofing.html

(ī-pē spoof´ing) (n.) A technique used to gain unauthorized access to computers, whereby the intruder sends messages to a computer with an IP address indicating that the message is coming from a trusted host. To engage in IP spoofing, a hacker must first use a variety of techniques to find an IP address of a trusted host and then modify the packet headers so that it appears that the packets are coming from that host.

Newer routers and firewall arrangements can offer protection against IP spoofing.

dude, give up chris knows it was you. anyways besides if you don't have a firewall nowadays, you are pretty dumb in my opinion. here comes my mac plug, mac os x has firewall built in, and you can close every port that you dont use, which on a mac that leaves very few open.

I don't understand why you are always trying to defend yourself. Chris is the only one that can take any decision regarding the boards. If he thinks that you have created another identity, then you're going to have to live with it.

As for spoofing, indeed it can work, but what you may have overlooked is that freewares are also available and they can detect the real IP address behind the spoofed one.

And also, even though some people don't like you, I don't think anyone would go this far to have someone banned. Especially since you have been great at pissing off everybody here. By trying to making yourself look like a victim, you have done nothing but embarrass yourself.

Quit now... It may be best for you. And as you said, if you use this board as a measure for your concepts but somewhere else you're appreciated, why bother coming back here?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I've spent some time looking into this ~ as it's a serious security concern... anyway, did a google search and found out how christohack was able to "spoof" / IMPERSONATE my I.P address... as you've said is the case.

although this was upsetting... it was very EDUCATIONAL / enlightening... so, once again... thanks (to c-wack, and his kind) for inadvertantly helping me ~ turns out I absolutely need to get a firewall or "NAT" < NAT ;~) (how ironically appropriate)

You should have this investigated. It could be someone from the Orioles' front office messing with you.

Archived