Another one bites the dust

sj32

So much for the Colts' advantage of playing on turf (think: speed). Maybe now they'll get closer to actually beating the Pats.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I thought the peeps who made AstroTurf and AstroPlay went under.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

And with this, do we see the horseshoe at the 50, or at least a helmet with the same color facemask as the actual Colt helmets?

MY GOD WILL ANYONE EVER SHUT UP ABOUT THE MIDFIELD FACEMASK

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Even if they did, 'astroturf' has become a general term in the language to refer to any of the old-style, green-concrete artificial playing surfaces.

The Colts' offense can succeed on the 'blades of plastic' field -- I don't see them as being as speed-reliant as the Rams. The change in surface won't necessitate a grand overhaul of the offensive approach.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

And with this, do we see the horseshoe at the 50, or at least a helmet with the same color facemask as the actual Colt helmets?

MY GOD WILL ANYONE EVER SHUT UP ABOUT THE MIDFIELD FACEMASK

Nope.

It was a rediculous oversight, and deserves to be brought up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Carrier Dome still has Astroturf (with the word ORANGEMEN in one of the endzones and the old "S" logo at midfield) that has exceeded its reccomended shelf life, not to mention outlived the company that made it. Depending on who you ask, other schools are unhappy because the turf is borderline dangerous. That plop is expensive to replace, apparently.

As a matter of fact, they did. Whenever Troy got their new logos put in on our game field in the stadium, we had to get another company to put in the new logos at midfield, the 20's, and the endzones since SRI Sports (the company that made AstroCrap and AstroPlay) went bust. We had to get ProGrass out of PA.

Archived