2005 CCSLC March Madness

robbman21

i'm down 36-4 with, when at one point I was tied at 3-3, the real surprise is bwanabob, a 15 seed, and he is winning.

well didnt you know? we all hate nick, so we vote against him no matter what.

now for the serious part, in all honesty, i thought bwana's was better, which is exactly what everyone else thought when they voted for him.

if it was a popularity contest vote, then i would be losing both my matches as well, since i have been an ass lately. right now im only losing one, but that could change as im going up against some good guys.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if it was a popularity contest vote, then i would be losing both my matches as well

I would've ran it without listing member names to prevent any kind of intentional or unintentional bias based on name.

what would have been cool is if he used our colleges (either ones we attend/attended/graduated from/hope to go/local). but yeah, overall contests might be becoming popularity contests anymore (not saying this one is).

Welcome to the real world. This is why it pays to be nice and not be an ass. The difference in popularity after high school, is popularity depends on if you are socialable or not, or a generally nice person. You build contacts this way, You get jobs this way. It doesn't matter if you can bong 12 beers at once (which is freakin' sweet btw :)) but just being nice and civil can go a long way. Sure, hard work is worth something, and talents worth alot, but in many cases it comes down to who you know. If your a jerk, and someone can work with someone that's easy going, nice and fun, who you think they are gonna work with?

If your a jerk, and someone can work with someone that's easy going, nice and fun, who you think they are gonna work with?

Depends . . . who'll work longer hours for less pay? :P

i think that is the motto at wal-mart

if it was a popularity contest vote, then i would be losing both my matches as well

I would've ran it without listing member names to prevent any kind of intentional or unintentional bias based on name.

I really toyed with the idea of doing this,especially considering that certain members may/may not be slighted,but what held me back was that most of these concepts contain the creators' marks and several of them have the marks embedded into the image,which meant I would have had to change the concepts myself to hide the identities which would have upset someone I'm sure,OR I could have asked that they change it themselves and re-submit it,at which case I would have A)given away at least to the owner what concept of theirs was to be used and B)had to field numerous questions about WHY I chose that particular concept over another one in which they liked better.....which I had to do anyway.

In fairness to everyone after watching the results the last 48 hours I have to say I believe that most everyone IS voting based on the strength of the design and not who's name is attached.

98Falcons.png

Having anonymous entries is a good idea for most contests, but this tournament is for concepts that have already been posted and widely seen, so it's not really a solution to biased voting in this case.

me and rmred are having a slugfest going on, between the frolunda buffalo braves, and my stars alternate.... this is some fun stuff :)

i assumed i'd be getting slaughtered (like i am in my other game, with my goofy spiderman football concept), but me and rmred are neck and neck.

i smell an upset :D (crosses fingers, knocks on wood)

me and rmred are having a slugfest going on, between the frolunda buffalo braves, and my stars alternate.... this is some fun stuff :)

i assumed i'd be getting slaughtered (like i am in my other game, with my goofy spiderman football concept), but me and rmred are neck and neck.

i smell an upset :D (crosses fingers, knocks on wood)

I think it's the match up they'll be talking about for years.

Might even go to overtime.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm glad to see that a Raven's basketball crossover made the field. I was afraid there wouldn't be one.

Yup yup! :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

if it was a popularity contest vote, then i would be losing both my matches as well, since i have been an ass lately. right now im only losing one, but that could change as im going up against some good guys.

Mingsy,

Thanks for the compliment (if it was directed to me). I have to admit I was absolutely dreading going up against you, buddy. And don't worry you're not an ass. You're just a bum. :P:D

Seriously, though, may the best ass -er- man win.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Mingsy,

Thanks for the compliment (if it was directed to me). I have to admit I was absolutely dreading going up against you, buddy. And don't worry you're not an ass. You're just a bum. :P:D

Seriously, though, may the best ass -er- man win.

dude it was directed at you as well as jkr. and to clarify, if im in a bad mood, im an ass lol. if not, then im a nice guy lol.

I've noticed the last couple of days that the Midwest Regiona has far more votes than any other regional in the bracket.It's like people are going to the site to vote,but thinking the only vote is in the Midwest or something.Most of the other brackets' games only have half the vote of the Midwest games.Bizarre.

98Falcons.png

Archived