Milwaukee Brewers Recoloring in old Brewers Colors

Gary

I was bored one day, and since everyone is talking about the old logo in the new colors, or if the current logo was in the old colors it got me thinking so here you go.

Old Color with Current Logo

NewBrewersLogoinOldBrewersColors.png

Old Glove in current Colors

OldBrewerslogoinnewBrewersColors.png

C&C always appreciated

imo the brewers should go back to royal and yellow. im not advocating a return to any of the old uniforms or logos. the ball in glove belongs in the past. i just think the brewers should use their current unis and logos in the old colours.

well..........I think the solution is obvious here.

use your old logo, new colors version.

But make the ball white instead of red........and replace the stitching line with that barley shape....in red or gold. Havent decided.

try that?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I've got the BEST solution..... DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! Really. I love what the Brewers have now. I wouldn't a thing with their logo and colour scheme. Don't freaking make a change for the sake of making change.....

I saw, I came, I left.

I've been scouring the Brew Crew's sight and can't find the dark red color anywhere? Was this introduced with their uniform change a couple of years back or is it a newer addition?

IMHO, the Brewers finally look classy and classic again, if not a little dull. Having grown up in baseball's pull-over/cartoon/circus era uniforms of the 70's, I'm partial to the simple, classic and understated look. Too partial in fact, to be good for business - if I had my way, MLB wouldn't even have the pajama-inspired solid-colored jerseys :P That said, I sure wouldn't mind the Brewers going back, pre-70's for some design inspiration.

Also, I really appreciate Milwaukee's addition of the state of Wisconsin to their hats - the shoulder patch on their regular uniforms looks great. I'm partial the idea of a clubs' uniform subtly reflecting their geography just as I think that all road uniforms should bear the name of the city spelled out.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

It is a sleeve patch on their home and alternate jerseys.

p643601reg.jpg

It almost makes up for them taking "Milwaukee" off the roads. Almost. :cursing:

The Brewers have a horrible logo and uniform package now. They took a sharp look, with obvious roots in the city's architecture and heritage, and trashed it for this bland, calculated, ad-agency softball uniform. It's terrible.

The only saving grace is the fact that the Brewers sell a whole lot of Cooperstown Collection merchandise (an informal poll I took of vendors around Miller Park last year had CC merch outselling the current stuff 2 to 1). It's only a matter of time before the new owner desides to drop Wendy's logo and uniforms.

My banner aside, I don't personally want to see a return to the ball-and-glove. I'd much rather see the Beer Barrel Man back again, in recognition of his long history with Milwaukee baseball.

i like what they use now, i hate the toys r us esque colors they had in the prior to the mid 90's. the mid 90's package was ok but i didn't care for it.

i wouldn't mind using the "mb glove" recolored with current colors in some sort of fashion. but i really like the state logo though.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I did like the royal blue and gold (well, yellow, really) look the Brewers had. But the modern look makes the grain in the logo look more like real grain than the yellow would. So, considering the logo, the modern colors work just fine.

How about we just look at the current logo.

0422433022_milwaukee-brewers.jpg

confused06.gif

Sure looks fine to me! happy72.gif

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Let's not forget that the Brewers have one bad ass wordmark! :D

milwaukee_brewers_wordmark.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What I like about the Brewers' logo and wordmark is it looks like it belongs on a beer bottle or can. It just says beer. And you gotta love something that says beer.

....especially when the team name is "Brewers."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like the Germanic font of the 90s, but the logo itself they had was rather boring. Still, nothing is as corny and dated as the ol' glove and ball. A clever design, but it needs to stay in the past.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived