Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, with a blue suit, I'd go with either dark brown or cordovan shoes. Probably cordovan would be more dressy.

... And before about ten years ago, the fashion police would have sent you to the sartorial big house if they caught you doing it. "Never wear brown shoes with a blue suit" used to be right up there with "No white jackets after Labor Day" and "Don't mix plaids and stripes" among the cardinal rules of men's haberdashery.

Really? Holy S! My girlfriend and I have had many Seinfeld style arguments/discussions on thia topic. Wait till I tell her this one...

You better be right about this one! or I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight!!!!

:D

Actually, with a blue suit, I'd go with either dark brown or cordovan shoes. Probably cordovan would be more dressy.

... And before about ten years ago, the fashion police would have sent you to the sartorial big house if they caught you doing it. "Never wear brown shoes with a blue suit" used to be right up there with "No white jackets after Labor Day" and "Don't mix plaids and stripes" among the cardinal rules of men's haberdashery.

Really? Holy S! My girlfriend and I have had many Seinfeld style arguments/discussions on thia topic. Wait till I tell her this one...

You better be right about this one! or I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight!!!!

:D

The rule used to be, "Black shoes in town, brown shoes in the country." Then suburbs came along, and you couldn't really tell anymore whether you were in town or country. So the rule became "Black shoes with suits, brown shoes with informal clothes." But then people started counting olive green and brown as formal suit colors, not just black, gray, and dark blue, so the rule became, "Black shoes with black, gray, or blue suits, brown shoes with green, brown, or tan." Then casual Friday came along, and the first time a defendant came to fashion court wondering what color shoes to wear with "formal" dark jeans or chinos, the fashion police all ritually disemboweled themselves in shame, and so today there are no rules.

That leaves men three options:

1. Just do what your significant other tells you, after all she's pretty and you're not;

2. Just do like the Mets and wear whatever the heck you want, after all what's it to you if you make other people's eyes bleed; or

3. Ask Manolo for the Men and do what he says.

20082614447.png

You could also pull off brown with grey. Especially a light to medium grey. Looks pretty nice IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That leaves men three options:

1. Just do what your significant other tells you, after all she's pretty and you're not;

That is, of course, always good advice (and not just about clothes), assuming you want her to remain your significant other.

I just try to keep it simple. If the jacket and pants match, wear the black shoes (regardless of the suit color). Otherwise, go with the brown.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That new home jersey just feels right. That's the Royals I remember growing up. I don't know if I've ever liked any of KC's away unis, so this one fits right in. I do like that they're keeping "Kansas City" on the roadies.

I know this will get me booed roundly, but I've never minded the black alts. I can't explain it, but I like 'em.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Archived