wearing a jacket in baseball

stimpy

what they said...although I noticed something strange earlier this year...Zambrano (Carlos, not Victor) had gotten on, and at first he had his jacket on. For some reason, after reaching third he'd taken it off, which I noticed when the next hit got him home.

oh yeah, before I forget, he was out <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On a pitch inside it can make a difference.

Since they can't wear a jacket at the plate, why would it make a difference?

byt he way..you can see he was out...but he was called safe.....blown call

I didn't watch the game, but from that angle it's tough to say the tag is made. The glove could be a good six inches from the hand...Then again, maybe not, as I look at it more.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I saw the game. I thought he was out, out by a mile. But hell, I'd have given it to him anyway. He just got the most improbable hit of all time, that day was his day. KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P

A jacket is much bulkier than a uniform top, thus making it easier to get hit by a pitch. Not that the current fashion trend of baggy jerseys and body armor doesn't eliminate this possibility either, but that's the idea.

Plus, jackets have pockets, and the possibility of a ball getting stuck in the pockets also exists.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A jacket is much bulkier than a uniform top, thus making it easier to get hit by a pitch. Not that the current fashion trend of baggy jerseys and body armor doesn't eliminate this possibility either, but that's the idea.

Plus, jackets have pockets, and the possibility of a ball getting stuck in the pockets also exists.

If you can't WEAR A JACKET TO THE PLATE, why would it be easier to get hit by a pitch??????????????

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The jacket isn't to keep them totally warm, just their pitching arms. A lot of times you'll see pitchers in the dugout and they are only wearing one sleeve of the jacket.

If you can't WEAR A JACKET TO THE PLATE, why would it be easier to get hit by a pitch??????????????

I was answering the question of why players CANNOT wear jackets to the plate. If your question is why can they wear them on the bases but not the plate, my only guess is that a baserunner is unlikely to be in the way of a batted or thrown ball.

Good lord, has anyone here played even LITTLE LEAGUE? You want that pitching arm as warm as humanly possible, even in 70 degree weather. It does make a difference, and when your healthy arm is worth 5 million dollars, I think you'd put a jacket on too. If they could run around the bases with hot water bottles strapped to their arm, they would.

Of course, on Sundays and certain day games, they'd have to wear alternate-color hot water bottles, for marketing purposes of course.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Archived