Milwaukee Question

TwoRsAndTwoLs

The last time I saw the Brewers was 2001, and it came to my attention that they use "Brewers" on their road unis. Do they still do that? I thought the "Milwaukee" wordmark (like that seen in Iron Chef Shark's sigs) looked pretty nice.

And for the record, I don't like their numbers so much, either.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

ya they still use brewers on the roads, I don't like that. I think teams should use the city on the road jersey unless your the angels and you don't know where the hell you play. Plus the brewers have a history of using miluakee on road uniforms, and they would look cooler.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Could've just looked on the main site y'know...

Duh... why didn't I think of that? But it looks like they use it with the patch... what's going on here!?

Off topic...

The more I see your avatar the more I like that logo. Good job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Could've just looked on the main site y'know...

Duh... why didn't I think of that? But it looks like they use it with the patch... what's going on here!?

basically, it's the primary logo, only with Milwaukee over it instead of Brewers, and it's only used on the roads. that's the only difference aside from white/gray between the homes and the roads, the sleeve patch (the home patch is the M over Wisconsin)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks, BringBackTheVet. :D

The point is just, y'know, if they're using the wordmark on something (i.e., that patch), why don't they put it on the front of the uni? I guess that's a question we'd have to ask their front office.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

...They're trying to market themselves as a statewide or regional team...

Unfortunately that seems to be a growing trend. I guess they figure that a kid from Green Bay wouldn't want to represent Milwaukee by wearing it on a jersey?

Same thing with St.L., Baltimore, Angels, etc.

Maybe they should have alt-grey jerseys with the city name. :therock:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

...They're trying to market themselves as a statewide or regional team...

Unfortunately that seems to be a growing trend. I guess they figure that a kid from Green Bay wouldn't want to represent Milwaukee by wearing it on a jersey?

Same thing with St.L., Baltimore, Angels, etc.

Maybe they should have alt-grey jerseys with the city name. :therock:

If your not from the city, and want to rep the team, then just buy the white home jersey.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Exactly.

Teams only do this when they're embarrassed of their home town. :cursing:

The Cardinals don't do this to market themselves as more than just St. Louis, and they certainly don't do this because they are embarrassed by St. Louis.

The Cards do it because it's become a tradition, AND because they are quite a regional team. They don't have to market themselves as one, they just have a huge fanbase dating way back to the preexpansion era.

They're trying to market themselves as a statewide or regional team, and think that banishing "Milwaukee" to the sleeves will somehow help that.

It's only one of the things I don't like about the Brewers' minor-league softball uniforms. :mad:

im sorry, i just dont see how the brewers unis could be considered "soft ball uniforms" teh mb glove logo looked minor leauge.

everyone knows gothamite's opinion on the current brewers uniforms is wrong, its been addressed many times so lets move on, let him be wrong and pouty on the subject.

anyways, yes. Milwaukee should definitly be on the road unis. I mean, look, it doesnt look bad at all.

brewersR.gif

and while we are at it

cardinalsR.gif

philliesR.gif

oriolesR.gif

everyone knows gothamite's opinion on the current brewers uniforms is wrong, its been addressed many times so lets move on, let him be wrong and pouty on the subject.

anyways, yes. Milwaukee should definitly be on the road unis. I mean, look, it doesnt look bad at all.

brewersR.gif

and while we are at it

cardinalsR.gif

philliesR.gif

oriolesR.gif

i disagree with u on alot of things shark, but these ROCK! send them in to their respective teams. they just make sence. dosnt matter if they wont listen, at least show 'em.

The St. Louis road script looks like it's leaning towards the number. All the other scripts work fine because there aren't any extra capitals, but with the L in front of the bat, it looks like it's tipping to the right.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Man that St.Louis script gets better every time I see it. They really really should make that the script on the aways.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived