Which city has the best logos?

OHLArenaGuide

I'm relatively new here so if this topic has been discussed recently, forgive me.

The poll about which sport has the best logos got me thinking about cities in general - which city's teams have the best logos collectively? My answer would be Detroit. The Olde English D, the winged wheel, and the blue lion are all A+ designs in my opinion while the Pistons logo is traditional albeit a bit boring.

Honourable mention to Boston.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chicago is 5 for 5. It wins.

I have to agree. Especially as far as traditional logos and unis. The "weak link" is the Sox, as they have not had a standardized logo, nor uniform for more than the last 15 years (and were all over the place before that). The Blackhawks stand-up as one of the tops in hockey, the Cubs are always mentioned in top lists for MLB and the Bulls have had a great look since their inception. Not to mention the Bears classic. Plus, I hear people like the Fire look (MLS, not WFL - although the USFL Blitz were pretty cool - not enough to include on this list, however). Hard to top that...

Moose

As far as modern logos go, I think Denver's got to be up there... granted, I'm a bit biased, but the Broncos and Avalanche logos are two of the best, most recognizable logos out there, and Nuggets and Rockies stuff is distinctly Colorado.

I also like all of Seattle's logos.

I kinda like Minnesota. Wild and Wolves are really good, Vikings are good, and the Twins arent bad either. i like their "TC" and "m" hats and the one where the two guys are shaking hands over the river.

teamsnew2.png

As far as modern logos go, I think Denver's got to be up there... granted, I'm a bit biased, but the Broncos and Avalanche logos are two of the best, most recognizable logos out there, and Nuggets and Rockies stuff is distinctly Colorado.

Maybe you're more than a bit biased. :D

I'm not huge on any of Denver's logos myself... the Broncos are the best of the four while the Nuggets, Avs and Rockies are all boring modern. (They've all got the same mountain!)

The old bucking Bronco with a "D" was a terrific logo.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

True, Detroit is 4 for 4 when it comes to good logos. That would have to be my pick. Chicago would have to be 3/5 for me, because I'm not really fond of the Cubs logo and the Bears "C" looks a lot like the Reds "C", only the Reds have a longer, thinner, much better logo. I'm not high on any of Denver's logos at all.

There are a few cities I think should be included on this list. Tampa--with the Bucs, Devil Rays and Lightning having a good showing--deserves recognition. New York must be included, as the Yankees, Mets, Islanders, Rangers, Knicks, Giants and Jets all have some pretty good logos. St. Louis and Philadelphia must also be mentioned, as well as Anaheim if you don't count it as part of Los Angeles.

I don't have a particular favourite city. But I do like Phoenix (Suns, Coyotes, D-backs, Cardinals) Miami (Heat, Dolphins, Marlins, Panthers) and Houston (Texans, Rockets, Comets, Astros. I would say Aeros if it weren't for the colours)

I saw, I came, I left.

St. Louis has two beauties with Cardinals, and the Rams. And you can't call the Blues bad.

Detorit is fantastic as well, 3 are awesome, while the Pistons is meh.

Boston(Elvis is a bit weak) is very nice.

Houston is pretty damn good too Id say.

And Chicago which has been mentioned. Thats all I can think of right now.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

IMHO, Seattle has the best overall sports logos of any city...

SeattleSeahawks02.GIF

SEA_1790.gif

Mariners%20Logo.jpg

SeattleSounders.GIF

SeattleSonics5.GIF

SeattleStorm.GIF

Agreed.

except for the mariners, and the seahawks a little, i really dont like the rest of the seattle logos. theyre kinda ugly.

teamsnew2.png

Montgomery Alabama! :P

Actually, The Biscuits logo is fun. I printed out a giant biscuits logo and add a phrase below it that says "FEAR THE BISCUIT!"

I would go with Denver

Signature intentionally left blank

I don't know--for any logos I really like there's usually another team that wrecks it for that city...

But I do like Montreal's (Als, Habs, & even the Expos)-but the Als is nice but not great.

I like the Flames, and the Stampeders is okay--but dependinding on what you count there's the Vipers...

One of my all time favorite logos-the Atlanta Flames-shares a city with the Thrashers (the "T"-bad, the Bird in a cereal bowl I kind of like) and the Braves (yawn)

The Falcons current logo is okay--but their older one was one of my least favorite--the angle of the leg/claw is what ruins it for me the most.

SO that's what I've come up with so far--but I'm not sold on any one city that way...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived