Minnesota Twins Concept

Audiodrama

Good design, but I'm not with you on the colors. Waaaaay too much red, and the gray M on the red cap isn't doing it for me. (But massive kudos for sticking with the World-Series-winning M instead of the loser-era TC.)

If you ditched the red in favor of lots of blue with green highlights, keeping the overall design as you've done it, well, I'd be a happy Twins fan.

20082614447.png

Wow! These are great! They remind me a little of the Nationals wth all the red and such, but I still love the idea.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

It strikes me as one of those great concepts that doesn't translate as well as one would hope. First off, the "MINNESOTA" on the roadies is a great use of a little-known wordmark. They used to use that logo everywhere, and for some reason you don't see the baseball with state/nickname on it much anymore.

Red and navy is about as generic as it gets in MLB, but swinging so far to the red is tough on the eyes. In addition to recovering a little bit of the blue - consider navy bills/beanies on the cap, and go with either white (my choice) or navy for the "m" (gray's not working, looks dingy), you could throw some navy back into the piping (I like removing the pinstripes, especially on the roadies - thank you) or socks (either 100% navy or like the old Cardinals' and Red Sox' stirrups with stripes).

A couple nitpicky things. The names on the back should be bigger. And given that the color scheme doesn't distinguish itself, how about a unique number font for the team? They've never had anything for numbers that you could look at and just know the team you're watching without looking at the fronts of the jerseys, like you can with the Cubs or Red Sox.

They'd grow on me, and some aspects of them are certainly improvements. Much potential here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

NO! NO! NO!

The Twins should NEVER have red caps (even though they did, at one time, have red caps with blue bills ... and they sucked).

The Twins should always have an emphasis on blue, not red.

So says a man who has been a Twins fan since 1962.

I like the use of the "Minnesota" Wordmark on the road, but I think the home and road jerseys need all the red piping to be blue and the caps must be blue as well.

As for the alt...gotta be blue.

In other words, I agree with those that say "too much red"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Could you make that same Twins concept with purple as the main color? I've always thought of the Twins with purple, and if they had purple on their scheme they could easily be my favorite team. Thanks.

Nice work by the way.

Coming from a huge Twins fan, I kinda like your uniform design. I really don't like the colors, however. I'll always like Navy as the primary. If anything, I'd love to see the twins go to a modernized version of the script (as seen under my name to the left) they wore originally through the uniform change in 1987.

Still, nice work.

Coming from a huge Twins fan, I kinda like your uniform design. I really don't like the colors, however. I'll always like Navy as the primary. If anything, I'd love to see the twins go to a modernized version of the script (as seen under my name to the left) they wore originally through the uniform change in 1987.

Still, nice work.

This is a good design, but I don't like the switch to red for the Twins.

They have such a great history of winning (with the two World Series titles) in their blue. Since there's no history behind the red and great memories with the blue, I think blue is more appropriate.

But this is a great design otherwise.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived