your hometown city logo

IronChefShark

Here is Yukon, Oklahoma.... pretty lame, but we are the hometown of Garth Brooks!

yukon_ok.jpg

Wow, they actually have the Yukon's Best Flour mill on there. I lived in Yukon from 1991-1993.

Although I live in a suburb of St. Louis, I still claim the city flag . . .

stlflag.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diamondhead, Mississippi: The logo is supposed to represent the Diamond Head volcano in Hawaii, which is what the community is named after. The logo has remained pretty much the same since Diamondhead was formed in the '70s.

dhead2.jpg

dhead.jpg

AM.gif

PIT-P_6911.gif

Pittsburgh City Seal

Field - The surface of a shield upon which the charges or bearings (objects which appear within the shield) are blazoned.

Sable - The tincture Black. In engraving it is represented by perpendicular and horizontal lines crossed. Also Diamond and Saturn.

Fess or fesse - One of the ordinaries, a strip or band placed horizontally across the shield, occupying one-third of the field.

Chequay - A field divided into small squares, of different tinctures, resembling a chess board. Usually made up of seven squares in the top line, and in depth according to the length of the shield. Commonly small squares of metal and colour alternately. There should be at least twenty squares in the shield, in three rows.

Argent - The tincture Silver or White. In engravings it is generally represented by the natural color of the paper. It represents purity, innocence, beauty or gentleness. Also Pearl and the Moon.

Azure - The tincture Bright Blue or Sky Blue. Engravers represent azure in heraldry by horizontal lines. Also Sapphire and Jupiter.

Bezant - A gold roundlet, representing a coin of that name. It is supposed to have been introduced into English heraldry by the Crusaders, who had received the gold coin while in the East at Byzantium and Constantinople.

et - Latin word for "and."

Eagle - The king of birds. A symbol of courage and power.

Rising - A bird represented as if in the act of taking flight; rising from the ground.

Wings Displayed - Said of any bird of prey shown erect, with the wings expanded or spread.

Inverted - In a contrary direction; turned the wrong way, as a pair of wings with the points downwards.

Or - The metallic tincture gold or the color yellow. Engravers represent or as rows of dots. Also Topaz and the Sun.

Crest - Originally the crest was the ornament of the helmet, or headpiece, and also afforded protection against a blow. The word "timbre" includes the crest, helmet, wreath, etc., in short everything which is above the shield.

Triple-Towered Castle - The Castle is borne very frequently in the insignia of cities and towns.

oBIgzrL.png

This is the only image I could find of my hometown.

City Seal of Pensacola, FL:

cityseal.jpg

Of course; now I reside in Ynzerville USA--that would be western PA...Pittsburgh, to be exact.

(Can someone PLEASE tell me where THAT word--YNZ--came from? Good LAWD it's annoying!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is the only image I could find of my hometown.

City Seal of Pensacola, FL:

cityseal.jpg

Of course; now I reside in Ynzerville USA--that would be western PA...Pittsburgh, to be exact.

(Can someone PLEASE tell me where THAT word--YNZ--came from? Good LAWD it's annoying!!!)

pensacola has a very classy logo, if i were to ever visit, i would take pictures of myself infront of it. LOL :grin:

(Can someone PLEASE tell me where THAT word--YNZ--came from?  Good LAWD it's annoying!!!)

Yinz is a second-person plural used almost exclusively in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region in the Western Pennsylvania of the United States. It was derived from the Scottish term "you ones". It may also be referred to or spelled as "yunz", "you'uns" or "ynz". It is part of a local dialect referred to as Pittsburgh English or "Pittsburghese".

Yinz is synonymous with "you all" or "y'all" in the Southern United States. Like "y'all", yinz's place as Pittsburgh's most famous regionalism makes it both a badge of pride and a way to show self-deprecation. For example, a group of Pittsburgh area political cheerleaders call themselves "Yinz Cheer" and an area literary magazine is The New Yinzer, a take-off of The New Yorker. The traditional blue collar Pittsburgher is often referred to as a "Yinzer". Although it is considered by many native Pittsburghers to be a mild pejorative, like calling someone a hick, or a rube.

oBIgzrL.png

(Can someone PLEASE tell me where THAT word--YNZ--came from?  Good LAWD it's annoying!!!)

Yinz is a second-person plural used almost exclusively in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region in the Western Pennsylvania of the United States. It was derived from the Scottish term "you ones". It may also be referred to or spelled as "yunz", "you'uns" or "ynz". It is part of a local dialect referred to as Pittsburgh English or "Pittsburghese".

Yinz is synonymous with "you all" or "y'all" in the Southern United States. Like "y'all", yinz's place as Pittsburgh's most famous regionalism makes it both a badge of pride and a way to show self-deprecation. For example, a group of Pittsburgh area political cheerleaders call themselves "Yinz Cheer" and an area literary magazine is The New Yinzer, a take-off of The New Yorker. The traditional blue collar Pittsburgher is often referred to as a "Yinzer". Although it is considered by many native Pittsburghers to be a mild pejorative, like calling someone a hick, or a rube.

Guess that explains it...

...hearing that still irks the hell outta me, though. But I guess that's no different than half the words that come out of mouth either totally confusing or irking the folks up here in Picksburgh. Ah well...

pensacola has a very classy logo, if i were to ever visit, i would take pictures of myself infront of it. LOL

If you were to ever to go to Pensacola, you'd do just like everyone else who goes there and make a b-line STRAIGHT TO THE BEACHES. :P Just make sure ain't no hurricane coming when/if you do go down there. Oh--and take a sec and stop by the museaum of Naval Aviation if you get a chance, not to mention Fort Barrancas (one of the nation's oldest surviving forts), as well as Joe Patti Seafood, if you like seafood. Best, freshest, biggest variety of seafood you'll find ANYWHERE. Damn near anything you can think of you'll find in there. And it's about five minutes from the 3-mile bridge that leads to those beach islands. Check it out!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived