your hometown city logo

IronChefShark

Kitchener, Ontario.

logo_homeNEWjan2004.gif

I like it.

That's the top portion of the clock tower that was relocated from the old city hall to Victoria Park near the new city hall downtown. I believe it dates back to when the city was originally called Berlin.

teams-1.png

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My town is too little to have a seal of its own. (Maybe I should make one!)

But anyway, the city of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania is very near me, and it has a very nice seal:

wb.gif

However, this year is the city's bicentennial (yay!), so they made a logo for the celebration based on the city seal:

wb200.gif

I think it looks goofy. Opinions?

(By the way, regarding the dates, Wilkes-Barre was incorporated as a city in 1871, but it was first founded as a borough in 1806.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

plogo.jpg

The larger town, approx 22,000 people, about 10 minutes from my house. Serves as the major hub for medical, retail and legal services for the Tri-County (Berks, Chester, Montgomery) Area.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I think we have the worst logo ever

Every couple of years we switch logos, and they seem to get worse and worse.  THis is our logo as of now:

dumb.png

They put this logo wherever they can.  I dont think it supports omaha tourism, but  :wacko:

I think the worst one was when they put this everywhere:

omaha_Rare_WellDone.jpg

Yeah they do use some other logos for tourism and other things but here is the official seal and flag of Omaha.

Omaha-flag.jpg

150px-City_of_Omaha_NE_Seal.jpg

My town is too little to have a seal of its own. (Maybe I should make one!)

But anyway, the city of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania is very near me, and it has a very nice seal:

wb.gif

However, this year is the city's bicentennial (yay!), so they made a logo for the celebration based on the city seal:

wb200.gif

I think it looks goofy. Opinions?

(By the way, regarding the dates, Wilkes-Barre was incorporated as a city in 1871, but it was first founded as a borough in 1806.)

Whats with the bees?

oBIgzrL.png

header-maincity.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys/gals, I was writing this and it turned out to be a bit of a history lesson!

Lichfield-England

lich_city.JPG

The heraldic shield was in use by the late 17th century. Its heraldic description is' Or, a cross square pierced ermine, five chevronells, gules' The Supporters on either side are a later addition and a privilege granted by the College of Heralds only to royalty and very ancient families and corporations. On the dexter (right side, looking from behind) is St Chad, one of the patron saints of the Cathedral; on the sinister side is a robed master of St Mary's Guild.

The arms are ancient, the red chevrons on gold are probably from the arms of the Stafford family, Dukes of Buckingham and Earls of Stafford. Ermine is an ancient emblem of honour and purity.

The supporters refer to the See and City, St Chad became the first Bishop of Lichfield in 669.

The motto "Salve, magna parens", meaning 'Hail, great mother' is Samuel Johnson's greeting to Lichfield in his Dictionary, and is a tribute to Lichfield as both his native city and the mother city of the Kingdom of Mercia.

City Seal

seal.gif

The right to use a common seal was granted by the Charter of 1548. The seal portrays three dismembered bodies, depicting the legend of a massacre of Christians at Lichfield during the Roman occupation. The seal, as remodelled in 1688, is still used by the Council today.

City council's crest:

lichfield_rd.JPG

RMS: Vert an eagle displayed wings inverted perched on a Stafford knot Or and charged on the breast with three arrows barbs downwards two in saltire and one in pale proper banded gules on a chief Or a pale ermine between two chevrons gules.

CREST: Out of a coronet composed of four ears of wheat and as many acorns leaved set alternately upon a rim Or, a demi stag sable charged on the shoulder with a sun in splendour gold, mantled vert doubled Or.

The gold Stafford knot on a green background represents rural Staffordshire. The Roman eagle, also in gold, refers to the important Roman historical associations of the district (e.g. Watling Street, Ryknild Street and Letocetum, which gave its name to Lichfield). The eagle is also common to the arms of the Paget and Biddulph families, and was also the emblem of Leofric, Earl of Mercia, who died at Kings Bromley in 1057. The sheaf of arrows is from the arms of the Peel family of Drayton, to which belonged Sir Robert Peel. The chief is derived from the arms of the Borough of Lichfield, it consists of a panel of ermine between two panels of gold bearing the red chevron of the Staffords, which is the basis of the County Arms and also appears in the arms of the Lane family of Kings Bromley.

The special coronet of ears of wheat and acorns is of a type formerly assigned to Rural District Councils. The black stag alludes to the coalfields in the Cannock Chase area. On its shoulder is the sun, which, as the source of light and power, is common to the arms of the National Coal Board and the Central Electricity Generating Authority.

Archived