your hometown city logo

IronChefShark

New for 2005...

milwaukee-logo.jpg

ummmmmm..... care to explain what that's supposed to represent? :therock:

The Milwaukee Museum of Art expansion, recently completed and designed by Santiago Calatrava. At least thats what it looks like to me from seeing pictures of it, and his signature roofs and bridges are a lot like that. I could be wrong though.

Yes, thats exactly it I pretty much guarantee.

I think they could have picked an angle that better represented what the structure is 'spost to look like (a sailboat) but its a very cool building on the inside and on the outside. They don't have much in the way of famous pieces of artwork, but for a city that is very much in the realm of design (I'd put Milwaukee right up there with Chicago and New York in terms of Graphic Design Studios) and art, its a pretty neat place.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no logo specifically for Boyertown, PA, where I grew up

but I did find this awesome coaster for Boyertown Beer :notworthy: :

boyertownbrewerycoaster.jpg

Here is the school district logo:

basdlogo.gif

Here is the logo (sorry for the poor quality) of East Coventry Township, which is down the street for me:

ECoventryLogoHome.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The lion in the center is the logo for all of Nassau County.

115mhqv.gif

That one has very, very visible Dutch heritage (the Lion of Nassau).

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Until I saw this thread, I didn't even know we had a logo. Our town seal is on the town flag, which is the woman who founded our town in 1683 sharing a meal with the local Indians. But checking the web site, I found this:

hdfldlogo.gif

There isn't much need to elaborate: the buildings represent the downtown area, which has been preserved in a colonial theme (the N.J. State Seal was designed here, George Washington slept here, and so on). The "L" is a tree, because we have a lot of them.

It's a shame - they neglected 2 of the things I liked about my town. One, the woman who wrote the screenplay for the "Halloween" movies lived here (the town's name in the movies was Haddonfield, but it wasn't in Jersey). Two, years ago, a dinosaur skeleton was found that, at the time was the most complete skeleton found in one site. But the logo makes no reference to Michael Myers or dinosaurs. Go figure - I'd love to see a remake of this logo with a serial killer and dinosaur on it!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

and in the moment noone was waiting for, here's the logo of the City of Racine, Wisconsin :D

CityLogo.jpg

basically, it's on damn near everything downtown and on almost every city bus, as well as the summer trolleys (yeah, we got them fake trolleys here-not the genuine San Francisco-style trolleys, but they do their job).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

and in the moment noone was waiting for, here's the logo of the City of Racine, Wisconsin :D

CityLogo.jpg

basically, it's on damn near everything downtown and on almost every city bus, as well as the summer trolleys (yeah, we got them fake trolleys here-not the genuine San Francisco-style trolleys, but they do their job).

Not like Kenosha where we had the real thing :D

Who cares if it makes a 4 block circle around nothing? (Yes I'm serious...it might be 6 blocks)

btw...Kenosha's (my former hometown):

https://secure.finishlinestudios.com/v3/cli...rs/11/logok.jpg

There was a slightly (but similar style) one on the water tower. That might be the cities itself. Photo evidence escapes my clutches...

Archived