Cleveland Cobras

Mings

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me be the first to introduce you to the all new Cleveland Cobras, a semi-pro football located in Cleveland. The Owner of the team came to me for a logo, and here is what came out.

final.png

Obvious influences are the GI Joe Cobra logo as well as the Carolina Cobras logo. Colors were at the request of the owner as well as the Cleveland Skyline that is in the wordmark. The helmet is to be Black with a red facemask. The uniforms are to be in the Denver Broncos template, black with red insets.

So, what do you all think?

I like it. It's clearly a cobra with the hood and all, I like that it's a distinctive kind instead of a generic snake. The red skyline reminds me of "Predator vision". I agree with Steve-O too, the snale's expression is a little goofy, but the more I look at it the less pronounced it seems.

That's cool, I live in Cleveland and have never heard of the team, but I know their logo and uniforms are going to look cool. Nice work here man.

They might be new or a collection of other teams under one roof. I just think they'd look better with red jerseys and black pants as opposed to black jerseys. But that's just me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The dark red seems to be too dark with the black outline. It doesn't really stand out Perhaps a white outline around the 'COBRAS' wordmark and the cobra itself would solve that :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

I wasn't planning on responding yet, saving it for a possible bump, but I actually did try the white around the wordmark. It in my opinion and the clients, it did not work as well as it did without it. It is interesting that you brought that up though.

Buckeyes1 - The team will start playing next year, so be on the lookout.

Thanks for the C&C so far. I really do appreciate it. I hope to hear even more.

thanks for the c&c....

nafsder, i do agree with you on that. the reason it looks like that with the jaw line is an attempt for shading.

yes this was a shameless bump, but still had some substance to it :D

thanks for the c&c....

nafsder, i do agree with you on that. the reason it looks like that with the jaw line is an attempt for shading.

yes this was a shameless bump, but still had some substance to it :D

It isn't even the jaw line so much. That looked fine to me. It's the way the neck reaches the bottom. It isn't centered over the point at the bottom of the head. Obviously it is done on purpose (because it is too far off to simply be a mistake). I'm just wondering what it would look like if it were more centered.

It is quite nice, though there are some shading and line thickness issues. Where is the terminal tower in the skyline? The Cleveland skyline is made up of three distinct tall elements, from left to right when driving in from the west on the I-90 bridge, Terminal Tower, KeyTower, BP Building. The next level down are maybe the SBC Building and the CSU Tower, then Jacobs Field. It's very hard to tell that that skyline is from Cleveland. Good start though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Good start though

Is this a "start"?

I got the impression from you first post that this is locked and finished.

Are you looking for feedback cause the door is open to modify? OR just general thoughts?

Regardless, congrats. Glad to see teams are continuing to find this place a viable option.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived