New York Mets Concept

HatCityEnforcer

OK, seeing a few other folks have tried their hand at it, I thought I'd give a Mets concept a shot.

First off, I eliminated the unnecessary black trim and black alts...even though I like the black hat with the blue brim, it ain't the Mets...to me, the Mets are royal blue and orange...and this concept reflects that...

Secondly, I decided to retire the pinstripes...let that other team in the City have the pinstripes....so I went in a different direction..and personally, this could work...

Finally, your eyes AREN'T playing tricks on you with the BP jersey...did a tiny bit of research and noted that in the early 80s, the Mets road jerseys (which were a blue pullover shirt) had the Mets wordmark in a gray-ish silver with orange trim...thought why not bring it back for the BP jersey...

Anyways, here they are....C&C always welcomed and appreciated :D

mets_concept.gif

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

In the abstract, these are nice, although there are still too many alternates. Simplify! (Why not try to create a uniform set good enough that it doesn't need alternates? The 1927 Yankees and the 1955 Dodgers didn't need alternates to look good; neither do the Mets.) But in the specific context of New York, the home uniform in particular doesn't work. Put the Mets script back on the home jersey, but keep the NY on the chest of the roads, and you'll have a nice counterpoint to the Yankees.

20082614447.png

Amen Brother! I never liked the black either. It's supposed to be Dodger Blue and Giant Orange... No mention of black in the original formula.

I am, however, part of the anti-alternate school. With that said, I'd like to see the home whites (sans pinstripe) with the Mets script, the road grays with NEW YORK, and a home white alternate with the interlocking NY.

All in all. Dope design.

Matt

Well done indeed. The Mets rank with the Lions and Eagles as prime examples of what happens when marketing focus groups compel teams to add a little black to their look, and it just takes over and kills well-designed uniforms.

I would prefer the "Mets" script at least on the home jerseys, to distinguish the Mets from the other team in town and their monogrammed home uniforms.

I am hoping you'd space out the letters from the numbers more on the backs, and you were just conserving space, as it looks a little bunched. But I thank you for cyberconservationism. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great work. I would like to see the White home with interlocking NY have a sleeveless look with blue shirt underneath. I think that should be the home alternate and go with the traditional pinstripes and Mets script for the standard home.

I only wish the team would look at some of these concepts posted. Perhaps they'll go with a new look when we get the new stadium.

Jayzcat

• 8 months later...

I see this to be an upgrade. I think having Mets across the front would improve this,but otherwise great job. I really like the BP jersey resembling the old school joint. Good job.

I like that you eliminated the pinstripes because they wear them because of the Yankees. However the Home and Road uniform design do just want you tried to to eliminate. An interlocking NY on the uniform front is associated with the Yankees as much as the pinstripes are.

Nice look there. I haven't posted in a while, but seeing any Mets uniform that doesn't have black is a good thing. All this look needs now is blue shoes.

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

I agree that the "NY" on the homes are a bit too much like the Yanks. Otherwise, I like what you've done here. I don't mind having two alts. Unnecessary, probably. Maybe just one alt would work.

The only thing I don't like much is the gray lettering on the BP jersey. I just feel like it should be white.

Like everyone else said, at least one too many alternates.

And I'd like to see a cap change somewhere in there. Maybe a blue cap with orange bill? Or, god help us, an orange cap?

However, it's much better than what they're wearing now.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived