Portland Lumberjax unveil logo...

Brian in Boston

The National Lacrosse League's Portland, Oregon-based expansion franchise has unveiled its name and logo.

portland-lumberjaxlogo.jpg

In conjunction with the identity package, team owner Angela Batinovich has announced that the Lumberjax have entered into a charitable relationship with the World Forestry Center. The team has become a Corporate Member for the non-profit organization and will donate a portion of the revenue generated by the sale of each season ticket to the Portland-based eduactional institution. The World Forestry Center supports sustainable forests worldwide.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that this was created by Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions.

www.portlandjax.com

How ironic that a team known as the Lumberjacks (Screw the lame spelling) is partnered with an organization that supports the forest.

What's next? The New Jersey Devils partnering up with a church? :D

It's a good logo. I particularly like the areas where the branches are chopped off. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Bearing in mind that iDonovan's recent thread has given us reason to believe that the soon-to-be-unveiled Edmonton Rush logo is likely to be an abomination that will rank dead-last amongst NLL marks , I'd have to say that I'd personally rank the Portland Lumberjax as having the third-best logo in the league - and I might even bump it up to the #2 spot.. My rankings as of now are:

1) Colorado Mammoth

2) Calgary Roughnecks

3) Portland Lumberjax

4) Buffalo Bandits

5) San Jose Stealth

6) Arizona Sting

7) Rochester Knighthawks

8) Toronto Rock

9) Minnesota Swarm

10) Philadelphia Wings

Overall, the National Lacrosse League's logos are pretty weak, with only the upper half of the current five striking me as being anything to "write home about".

Whoa! You put the Roughnecks at #2? Personally, I would put at least the Sting and the Wings ahead of the 'Necks.

Yes, I know that the Roughnecks' logo strikes some as being too detailed (the same could be said for the Stealth's mark), but I consider it better than those of both the Sting and Wings. In fact, I've always found the Philadelphia Wings' logo to be amongst the worst in all of professional sports.

I like it - looks like our man Flynn. Great logo and colors. I hope the team will be as good on the floor as it's logo.

I know several of us have complained about the spelling, the 'X' factor. Example, the Tennessee DiamondJAXX (2 X's for the price of one). I think it appeals to the younger generation and the type would run off the page if it were 'jacks'.

I am not sure if Edmonton can top this if they already dropped iDonovan and weren't willing to pay for a quality logo. Go Portland!!! :notworthy:

Here's another one of flynnagain's logos from his site.

Axemen.jpgportland-lumberjaxlogo.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I can't look at this logo with hearing a little ditty by Monty Python...

Im a lumberjack and I'm ok

I sleep all night and I work all day

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch

I go to the lav-a-trine

On Wednesdays I go shopping

And have buttered scones for tea.

Im a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I skip and jump

I like to press wild flowers

I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars

I'm a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I wear high heels,

Suspenders and a bra

I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa

He cuts down trees, He wears high heels?

Suspenders and a bra?

He wishes He'd been a girlie,...HEY WHAT THE?!?!?!

Oh, I though you were so BUTCH!

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Actually it's .......

"Oh, I though you were so RUGGED!"

....... but figured it wouldn't be too long before this came up.

I happen to like the logo, and agree that the "X" thing has gone too far with sports teams lately.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I'm surprised they didn't really mess up the spelling and call themselves the LumberLax, with the obvious reference to lacrosse.

And the irony of its charitable "do-gooding" is pretty ironic. Can't wait for a mom/dad explain to their kids what a lumberjack does:

Kid: "Mommy/Daddy, what's a lumberjack?"

M/D: "His job is to cut down trees...which is not good for the environment. But we should root for them anyway. Go LumberJax! Cut down the other team!"

Cards.png

Archived