How Much Hockey Will You Watch?

kingssss

Compared to other years, how much hockey will you watch this season?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we get all the Flyers' games on cable here, I'll watch the same number of games that I always did - as many as possible. What is yet to be determined is how many games I buy tickets for. My family had season tickets for years, but they got so expensive, and there were more and more boring games we had to pay for just to get seats for the few games we wanted, it wasn't worth it. For every Devils/Rangers/Red Wings game, we sat through a lot of Caps/Thrashers/Blackhawks games; at $85 a pop, I can be bored for free at home.

Rolling back the cost of seats would go a long way to making amends to the fan base that both sides seem to forget about all too frequently.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, propbably less but it has nothing to due with the lockout. I just moved from Northern NJ where I could watch 3 teams regularly (Devils, Rangers, Isles) to Florida and are going to school in Tampa where there is only 1 team (who I'm not a fan of). I will probably go to a few Lightning games and watch them on tv however I won't be able to basically watch a game everyday like I could in NJ.

Bring it on - ESPN & Espn2 are my networks. Thank goodness Hockey is back, I was having withdrawls. :upside:

If I don't drive to St. Louis or Minnepolis, I can only hope for another Preseason game at Kemper Arena. Two years ago we had the Blues & Blackhawks in front of 9,000 KC hockey Fans.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Bring it on - ESPN & Espn2 are my networks. Thank goodness Hockey is back, I was having withdrawls. :upside:

ESPN2, and certainly ESPN, are not cures for hockey withdrawl. You'll see when the TV contracts and schedule are rolled out.

Bring it on - ESPN & Espn2 are my networks.  Thank goodness Hockey is back, I was having withdrawls.  :upside:

ESPN2, and certainly ESPN, are not cures for hockey withdrawl. You'll see when the TV contracts and schedule are rolled out.

Same here.

I was really starting to miss Barry Melrose's mullet. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Im not the biggest hockey fan. Ill watch the same amount, and lots of playoffs Im guessing, but here in Canada they shove NHL down our throats, so Im so sick of it.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Im not the biggest hockey fan. Ill watch the same amount, and lots of playoffs Im guessing, but here in Canada they shove NHL down our throats, so Im so sick of it.

How can you be sick of it when they havent played for almost a year-and-a-half? :therock:

teamsnew2.png

i cant wait for the shoot out highlights on sportcenter ohh that will be nice

ill watch way more more scoring, twoline passes, nets moved back, smaller goalies, sidney crosby whats not to love?

ill watch way more more scoring, twoline passes, nets moved back, smaller goalies, sidney crosby whats not to love?

What's not to love?

Shootouts--I don't like them, and have stated my reasons several times, here and elsewhere...

Also--way more goals may or may not be exciting--if lots of goals are scored due to defensive or goaltending incompetance--boring...

If few goals are scored due to brilliant defensive plays and big saves by goalies--exciting--goals are more precious the game more dramatic--I'm on the edge of my seat...

It's not the number of goals--but the number of chances that is important--

If both teams are going all out but the goalies are incredible and there are big defensive plays--great game...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

ill watch way more  more scoring, twoline passes, nets moved back, smaller goalies, sidney crosby    whats not to love?

What's not to love?

Shootouts--I don't like them, and have stated my reasons several times, here and elsewhere...

Also--way more goals may or may not be exciting--if lots of goals are scored due to defensive or goaltending incompetance--boring...

If few goals are scored due to brilliant defensive plays and big saves by goalies--exciting--goals are more precious the game more dramatic--I'm on the edge of my seat...

It's not the number of goals--but the number of chances that is important--

If both teams are going all out but the goalies are incredible and there are big defensive plays--great game...

First of all, shootouts, and a team actually winning and losing the game, is much better than teams having 30 ties in a year. going to or watching a game and actually seeing a team win is much more exciting. Second, its not like every game is going to have 10 goals cuz they made the net a few inches bigger, but there may be more goals here and there throughout the year. and yea, i agree that its exciting with huge defensive plays and great saves by goalies, and those arent going to be taken away just because the goal is a few inches bigger or the goalies equipment is a few inches smaller. there are still gonna be great defensive plays. theyre just trying to make the game a bit more exciting for fans. and a faster game and a couple more goals would do that.

teamsnew2.png

Archived