Soccernet's 10 Worst Kits Of The Last Decade

HatCityEnforcer

Came across this while surfing over at soccernet.com....seeing it's their 10th anniversary of being online, they're doing a whole monsterous retrospective about everything in the soccer/football world...

This one crossed my eye..and promptly made me go "AIIIII! MY EYES!"

Some of the GHASTLIEST soccer kits of the last decade

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Some of those just hurt my eyes - others, I had to ask, "did they even see the colors together before deciding on them - just horrible" :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That was a good read....the Italy ones did look good on the field and my brother, but when I bought a Roma jersey I wore it a couple times and when I got a belly I stopped wearing it.

I'll grant you that on the Italy ones....Kappa had a halfway decent idea with it..and on the field (they had them in Korea/Japan 02), they didn't look all that horrible....

Just hard to stomach Joe Fan (like myself...I ain't exactly skinny) wearing a skintight shirt like that...it'd be enough to make everyone in the vicinity :puke:

Hate to say it, but they're better than the ones the Azzuri are wearing now...gold numbers and names aren't exactly easy to read on those jerseys (esp. the white kit..saw their friendly vs. Ecuador from the Meadowlands on TV a few weeks ago...couldn't tell who was who without major help)....

FANTASY TEAMS

Wasn't part of the whole skintight Azzuri shirts thing also to let referees see easier when opponents were pulling on their jerseys? Or perhaps that was simply a nice little side effect.

Some of those Campos jerseys need to come with a warning for people with epilepsy. :D

For the most part, Soccernet focuses in on the Premiership and the big Euro leagues (La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga, Bank of Scotland Premiership, and the Dutch Eredivisie)...

Out of all the ones they had on there, I'd have to say those Chelsea clash kits from the mid 90s are a flat out winner (well if there is one)....If I didn't know better, Ruud Guillit (the player pictured) looked practically embarrased to be wearing that...

Although, those Werder Bremen change kits from last season were pretty brutal as well....

However, I think the new Rovers change kit from Lonsdale they just introed are gonna be on the list very soon....

FANTASY TEAMS

Those weren't too bad.  Where was the 1996 San Jose Clash jerseys?  Those were BRUTAL!

Any Nike uniform from 1996 should've been on that list. Thank goodness they switched to more tame uniforms the next season. I couldn't figure out what colors were supposed to be the primary and secondary.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Norwich City STILL has some of the most ghastly kits I've seen in a while. Glad to see Campos there. Being from San Diego the Mexican National team was about the only real football we got to see here...except for a version of American Football attempted by the NFL Chargers teams. Campos provided quite a bit of entertainment and was the drunkness scale for quite a while. When you started liking his outfit, it was time to start the switch to water.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

That list sucks.

They need to add the entire first MLS season (except, natch, for DC United), the final season of the Tampa Bay Mutiny (the skintight Kappa jerseys), Nigeria in 1998 (the ghastly neon green), the San Jose Cyber Rays in 2006 (the orange was indeed a bit much), South Korea (inexplicably clad in pink and dark gray), and Arsenal's blue (Invisible Touch) jersey from 2003, Juventus 2004 (pink again - with a sublimated houndstooth design), .

Heck, the 1998 Mexico jersey shown wasn't even the worst one that ABA Sport made: what about that red and green abomination?

http://www.geocities.com/dropa20getaguaya/UGmex.html

Or, of course, a certain infamous Wiz kit?

http://www.geocities.com/dropa20getaguaya/UGwiz.html

Wasn't part of the whole skintight Azzuri shirts thing also to let referees see easier when opponents were pulling on their jerseys? Or perhaps that was simply a nice little side effect.

Isn't that the rationale for the tapered NHL jerseys of 2005 and beyond?

sounds like a good enough idea

Here's a picture from a press conference right before the mls' first season. Yikes check out the tampa bay mutiny, as well as the wizards as shown before

mls.png

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Norwich City STILL has some of the most ghastly kits I've seen in a while.

Hey, those are my Canaries you're messin' with! :P

I'm actually not a fan of the new home kits, but I now own one of the 03-05 home yellow shirts, and I love it. I would LOVE to get one of the road kits, though; the double-green absolutely ROCKS.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey love the Canaries but I cannot deny the gaudiness of the home kits this year. Just like I'll never refuse to recognize the San Diego Padres 1973-1975 unis as being atrocious or even their early 80s stuff. Heck, just everything from 1972-1984. Then the Bucs unis from 1977-1995. The Sacramento Kings from the 80s with the sky blue, white text with red trim. YUCK. So many of the teams I like have horrible uniforms. I'm also a Gulls fan...maybe I should strut my orange unis.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived