LOGOLYMPIAD VOTE: Event 8

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I quit because MSPaint gets you nowhere, and I would rather not participate at all than constantly lose.

Calling Steve-O and AAO poster assistance! Disbelieve paint user on isle 8.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Gold: 8

Silver: 9

Bronze: 19

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I quit because MSPaint gets you nowhere, and I would rather not participate at all than constantly lose.

I'd rather have you lose, but develop your skills, than to have you win and never get any better.

Not to knock the guys who've won, but for the most part, our best designers don't even come near this competition.

It's more than a contest, it's a chance for our younger designers to break free from the MLB concepts of the week and logo recolors and maybe learn a thing or two.

MS Paint is not a handicap. It's not about the program, it's about the ability. I've yet to see it, but I'm sure someone with a set of colored pencils and a scanner could step up and win a few golds.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'd rather have you lose, but develop your skills, than to have you win and never get any better.

Not to knock the guys who've won, but for the most part, our best designers don't even come near this competition.

It's more than a contest, it's a chance for our younger designers to break free from the MLB concepts of the week and logo recolors and maybe learn a thing or two.

MS Paint is not a handicap. It's not about the program, it's about the ability. I've yet to see it, but I'm sure someone with a set of colored pencils and a scanner could step up and win a few golds.

bah.

way to make me like king s*** of turd mountain for only winning a bronze in event 3. :mad:

:)

I may not be close to people like Sterling, Nitro & Avenger, but you know what? The medal winners you see here, myself, Puckguy14, Gordie, PCGD... are well on their way there. A competition like this will challenge people's talents and creativity. Just participating will make your concepts better.

For example, you're never going to win a medal in the real olympics if you've just started playing the sport. You can't instantly be good at this. This is not Poker *cough* Greg *cough* :D

I might be doing well in the Logolympiad, but I've been doing this for just over 2 years. I lost TONS and TONS of contests here. It wasn't until the Logolympiad last year where I started to win...

Practice will make you better. It's making me better, but even still there's a long way to go. I start my first semester in Graphic Design at Seneca College this September.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived