Edmonton Eskimos

Stampman

This has sort of been disceussed--but the threads were more on other topics--

So here it is--they may be my least favorite CFL team (which as a Stampeder fan is natural)

But I have to say the yellow pants look better for their road unis than the white pants they switched to a couple of years ago...

In pre season they wore yellow pants, but then used the white ones in regular season--

Here are some links--you decide which they look better in.

(This is not a thread against all white unis--I think they can look good, but with the Esk's colours and yellow helmets it doesn't work...

Esks in yellow pants in pre season

Scroll down this page for white pants (from the 2004 season)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I dunno...wearing the white pants sets them apart from the Packers. It seems to me that the last thing the Eskimos would want is an American fan saying "Agh, that uni is just a cheesy (no pun intended) knockoff of Green Bay."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I dunno...wearing the white pants sets them apart from the Packers. It seems to me that the last thing the Eskimos would want is an American fan saying "Agh, that uni is just a cheesy (no pun intended) knockoff of Green Bay."

They've had those colours for at least as long as the Packers--and the striping is different--now to the casual fan they may look the same--but to the logo fan--they are different.

Still, since they're different leagues--how big a deal is that?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

...but to the logo fan--they are different.

Still, since they're different leagues--how big a deal is that?

Oh I agee with what your saying, and as a logo/uniform fan, I think the yellow pants look great. But I would think that to the casual fan who primarily watches the NFL, the yellow pants (especially with the indentical green/white/green striping) look unoriginal, even in different leagues.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the eskimos current encarnation started in 1949... that was also the first season that they wore green and yellow.

the green bay packers started in 1919... but didn't wear green until 1935...

packers win :P

but according to http://www.packersuniforms.com/, the packers kept switching back and forth between green and blue until 1959...

so while the packers wore it first, they didn't decide entirely to be green until after the eskies?

either way, i don't think either team can be considered a rip off the other.

I agree with both sides of the debate. The white-on-white looks awful, but white-on-yellow looks too much like the Packers.

I think the solution here is green pants*.

*NOTE: Green pants may not be worn with green socks, nor with the green jersey.

first of all, i like the white pants... call me crazy.

secondly:

header02.jpg

that is the cheesiest banner i've ever seen in my life... r-u-game, and join our ranks? do canadians really carry signs like that? :P

that's just so awful that it made me post about it.

first of all, i like the white pants... call me crazy.

secondly:

header02.jpg

that is the cheesiest banner i've ever seen in my life... r-u-game, and join our ranks? do canadians really carry signs like that?  :P

that's just so awful that it made me post about it.

Well obviously, the signs were edited. The signs are supposed to read "CALGARY EATS S#!T" and "SASKATCHEWAN IS FLATTER THAN MY GRANDMA'S CHEST" :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Personally I don't like all-white unis. They should add green pants to wear as an alternate. I doubt anyone in the US cares if they look like the Packers or not. Of course, if Edmonton switched to silver and black, I'm sure it would only be a matter of minutes before Al Davis' lawyer calls them on the phone.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

That's a strange decision to wear gold pants at home and white on the road. Get some green pants for the road (and DO NOT wear them with the green jerseys).

But what's wrong with looking like the Packers? Both teams are community owned, both teams have been historically successful, and (in the Eskimos' case, unlike every other CFL team), both are northern teams that play on God's own grass. And they are in different leagues, after all.

Packers-2.png

I'd go with the yellow pants. I don't care if it's just like the packers or not. It just looks better. I wouldn't mind the white pants for a one-time thing just to break up the same old all the time.

KISSwall09.jpg

as i'd mentioned in the past, I'd be all for the Packers adopting white pants, with one stipulation: they get a gold third jersey to go with. I draw the line at green pants, though-it would never work for teh Pack.

now the Esks, I don't really like their white on white, I prefer em in white on gold. They don't wear a gold jersey, so white pants aren't really needed to break things up. Green and gold works just fine by itself, with just a little white in the striping.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't think they should ever wear white pants. With the yellow helmet, you need yellow pants to balance the look.

Somebody who understands!

If you wear all whites then your helmet should be either white or a dark colour that is very noticable on the uni (as in #'s Stripes, etc)

The yellow on the white unis doesn'r stand out enough--even the new neon yellow...

Archived