An overwhelming challenge

TCRagnar

I have been lurking on this site for quite some time and am very impressed by all of the talent on this site. I contacted Nitroseed about this challenge just before he went on vacation, and Nitro, while I know you are busy and possibly working on some of the logos, I thought I could maybe tap the talents of everyone else on the board and see what they can do with some of these ideas.

I run a fantasy football league that consists of teams with North Dakota location names. Some of the teams have logos, but most do not. My challenge and request is to come up with logos and/or wordmarks for some or all of the following teams and the league itself.

eNDzone Dynasty Football League

Hannah Storm

Flasher Boobies

Stanley Six-Shooters

Rugby Rampage

Hope Idontkickyourasses

Zap Zipz

Fargo Big Ape

Napoleon Bonapartes

Underwood Fairies

St. Thomas Landsharks

Harvey Wallbangers

Vang Vipers

I anxiously await any and all ideas you have for any of the teams.

Thanks,

TC

Just for clarification, I am not necessarily looking for everyone to complete the entire league. I just thought maybe if a name looked like a particular challenge (like Hope Idontkickyourasses), maybe someone would come up with a unique idea.

Most of the logos we are currently using are clipart or sports logos with modified colors. I would just like to improve my league and many of you designers have fantastic imaginations and see things that I don't see when designing for a team name.

I am not able to give any reward other than my gratitude and full credit to the designer(s) on my league's website.

Thanks in advance,

TC

what? are you for real 49erfan?? i can't believe you just posted that. i'm sure lots of us will have fun trying to come up with some ideas, TCragnar.

Yes, I'm serious. I wasn't trying to come off as an ass, because I think it could be fun. But 13 logos? For free? I know contests such as the Webdav Challenge are done for free, but you don't design a whole league. Maybe I'm a bit pissed because I get an emails from people asking for free logos all the time. I'm sure I'm not the only one because I am miles away from being anywhere near the best designer on this board. Like I said, I'm not trying to act uppity or come off as an ass because I also run a fantasy football league and would want my teams to have nice logos, but good logos (and bad ones, for that matter) do take time and effort to design...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

9er and GMS,

I understand and respect your concerns.  I have been impressed with everyone's ideas and creations and since there had been a number of "challenges" issued with such a great response, I felt that maybe I could participate in putting out such a challenge.  Again, I am not looking for someone to create logos for my entire league.  I was looking for some ideas for some of the teams.  I thought that by naming all of the teams, the name of the league and the background, that it would spur some ideas and get the creative juices flowing.  

As I am not a rich man, I am not able to pay for someone to design my entire league.  In all honesty, I am trying to get some great quality logos or logo ideas from some very talented individuals while hopefully giving them an outlet for their creativity, which is what I have seen this board to be.

I hope I have not offended anyone by my requests.

TC

I think the biggest difference is that these challenges are things that:

1. Aren't going to be used for other purposes, they're simply exercises in showing off; and

2. Come from people generally recognized on the board.  No offense, but your first post on this board was to ask about having thirteen logos done.  This place isn't a logo service.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Your request is not something anyone should be offended by.  I say you came to the right place to have logos created for your league.  Obviously if you were creating logos for a major sports team, you would pay to have it done.  But for something like this, where the names aren't the norm, its all fun and games.  These are the types of logos that I like to create... no limits on the designs, and some fun names to use (I mean there are only so many images that come to mind for Hawks or Bears, but there are so many possibilities for a team called the Hope Idontkickyourasses).  I don't know how much time I can devote to this, but I should be able to give you a couple logos over the next week or two.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

These are the types of logos that I like to create... no limits on the designs, and some fun names to use (I mean there are only so many images that come to mind for Hawks or Bears, but there are so many possibilities for a team called the Hope Idontkickyourasses).

I smell discrim all over these names, i think his designs would fit well.

I also dont see why its such a big deal to ask, a simple no would do.

Everyone is so into implementing 'rules' on this board, if not rules then maybe guidelines.  It really kinda makes me shake my head, i mean dont we have enough direction in our lives? (obviously spamming, offtopic, and poll flooding aside)

That being said, its a hefty task im not exactly up for, but there are how many designers here, i think id be great practice for someone getting acquainted with a program.  

More projects are needed, theres only one way for us designers to get better, and that is to grow thick skin and post your concepts.

Archived