Brewer Logo

Sec19Row53

Brewer owner Mark Attansio is on a local radio station as I type, and commented on the logo. He recognizes that the fans always "vote" for the old logo. However, more of the players prefer the current logo than the old one. Their (impeccable) logic is that they are trying to create their own mark, rather than relying on the mark that evokes the past.

He said that when we have one (a logo decision), we'll have a big announcement.

Make of that what you will.

It's where I sit.

That's great if the players go out and buy $50M in merchandise a year featuring their new logo.

Otherwise, this guy's ignoring his fan base, which shows he's clueless.

If the fans are already buying throwback merchandise, what is he really losing?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Only necessary revision is Milwaukee on the road

I couldn't agree more. They have one of the most solid looks out there. If they added Milwaukee to the roads they would be perfect.

If they must bring back the ball and glove then do so as the BP hat. Or in a sleeve patch, much in the same way that the Canucks brought back the "C" hockey stick thingy.

I think the best place for the ball-in-glove is to recolor it and stick it on the sleeves, home and road. I don't care for the sleeve patches they have now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I couldn't agree more. They have one of the most solid looks out there. If they added Milwaukee to the roads they would be perfect.

If they must bring back the ball and glove then do so as the BP hat. Or in a sleeve patch, much in the same way that the Canucks brought back the "C" hockey stick thingy.

Must respectfully disagree. I don't think the Brewers have ever had a worse look than they have now, from the logo to the uniforms.

That's great if the players go out and buy $50M in merchandise a year featuring their new logo.

Brewers fans are buying Cooperstown merchandise by the truckload, but there's a lot more regular merchandise than there is Cooperstown.

Everything with the glove logo moves. There's plenty of merchandise the Brewers aren't selling with the new logo that could be boosted by the old.

If he's making $50M now, he could be making $100M with a logo/uniform change. That's what he's losing.

Must respectfully disagree. I don't think the Brewers have ever had a worse look than they have now, from the logo to the uniforms.

The mid 90s looked much worse. This look is a nice respectable look, but it's not as near and dear to Milwaukeean's hearts as the ball-in-glove, that's the only problem. With the Brewers improving, maybe they'll warm up to it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with itsteward. I really like that Milwaukee M (with barley, not wheat, underneath it) over the state of Wisconsin.

I used to dream about the Twins doing something similar, using an M on the state of Minnesota for their caps. But the TC caps are in, and with good reason -- you think of players such as Killebrew, Oliva and Carew wearing TC caps.

I predict the Twins' M caps will be gone within a couple of years.

I agree with itsteward. I really like that Milwaukee M (with barley, not wheat, underneath it) over the state of Wisconsin.

I used to dream about the Twins doing something similar, using an M on the state of Minnesota for their caps. But the TC caps are in, and with good reason -- you think of players such as Killebrew, Oliva and Carew wearing TC caps.

I predict the Twins' M caps will be gone within a couple of years.

But with the Twins 'M' caps, you think of 2 world series championships. You think of, Viola, Puckett, Hrbek, Jack Morris 10-inning shutout performance in game 7 of the 1991 World Series.

But for me, I think the 'M' logo is just better than the TC logo. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the best place for the ball-in-glove is to recolor it and stick it on the sleeves, home and road. I don't care for the sleeve patches they have now.

And keep the present logo package? That'll be a jarring juxtaposition, and would only make things worse. The people who like the "M/barley" logo will have their present look ruined with a remnant of the past, and people who like the ball & glove will say this compromise doesn't go far enough.

There is a better choice out there, it just hasn't been made yet. Something that is as creative as the ball & glove, but makes a reference to beer making like the present uniforms do.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Brewers fans are buying Cooperstown merchandise by the truckload, but there's a lot more regular merchandise than there is Cooperstown.

Everything with the glove logo moves. There's plenty of merchandise the Brewers aren't selling with the new logo that could be boosted by the old.

If he's making $50M now, he could be making $100M with a logo/uniform change. That's what he's losing.

That would happen with any logo change, B&G or other. The point is he still has two logos floating out there collecting revenue. People who want the B&G already have it available. If someone isn't buying them now, they're not going to if they revert back.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived