Did Madden 06 get the new Giants unis wrong?

boardname

So I'm reading this article about the new "Superstar" mode, which seems pretty interesting. The writer creates his own guy and takes us through the whole process. His guy happened to get drafted by the Giants, and he shows a screenshot.

You can tell its the 'new' whites because of the red socks and the red/blue/red striping on the pants. But does it not look like the red number is outlined in blue? I thought the new unis had no outline (though, it does look a ton better in blue). And it might just be the angle of the player, but there's either no red stripes on the shoulder, or just a crappy rendering of them. Am i wrong?

the-life-and-times-of-johnny-tijuana-20050722045134062-000.jpg

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

the stripes are there, but the numbers are wrong (as you mention, they should be plain red with no outline)

ya wanna hear about a career mode, I'll tell ya about the one I run in MLB 06 ;) basically when I left off I went from I-Cubs closer to Cubs fifth starter, so basically I gotta live like Wake and use the knuckler more than I usually do :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i think the sleve stripes are messed up too. they're supposed to go all the way around the sleeve with three stripes-- 2 thin and a thick center ("northwestern") that looks like some kind of red logo that i cant make out

and it looks like it says 'GIANTS' on the neck instead of 'NY'

and get some black shoes on that guy.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

from what i can see from that pic, i count three mistakes:

1)blue collar. isnt it really white?

2) "GIANTS" under the collar instaed of the "ny" logo

3)blue outline around the red numbers. in reality the numbers are just red with no outline.

incedently all the mistakes madden made actually made the uniform look better, so i won't complain.

I was looking in a Sports Illustrated for kids magazine and they have video game preveiws ("Sports Gamer") each issue and there was one for Madden NFL 06 and it showed what supposably was a Madden 06 screenshot with old Cardinal unis and logo, is this a screenshot from madden 05 or do they not have the new cards unis?

Anyone know?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I was looking in a Sports Illustrated for kids magazine and they have video game preveiws ("Sports Gamer") each issue and there was one for Madden NFL 06 and it showed what supposably was a Madden 06 screenshot with old Cardinal unis and logo, is this a screenshot from madden 05 or do they not have the new cards unis?

Anyone know?

It was an old screen... the new logo and uni's are in the game. Either that or they had a screen shot with one of the historic Cardinal teams. I know for a fact the new stuff is in the game.

Also it looks to me like the Giants screen is just one of the ALT uni's (IE the old whites and not the new).

Anyone know?

It was an old screen... the new logo and uni's are in the game. Either that or they had a screen shot with one of the historic Cardinal teams. I know for a fact the new stuff is in the game.

Also it looks to me like the Giants screen is just one of the ALT uni's (IE the old whites and not the new).

Thank god!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Anyone know?

It is the 'new' whites.

If you mean 'old' whites as in 2000-2003, it's not because you can see the new striping on the pants and the red socks.

If you mean 'old' whites as in late 70s - 1999, it's not because it has gray pants, not white, and the NY on helmet, not GIANTS.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Anyone know?

It is the 'new' whites.

If you mean 'old' whites as in 2000-2003, it's not because you can see the new striping on the pants and the red socks.

If you mean 'old' whites as in late 70s - 1999, it's not because it has gray pants, not white, and the NY on helmet, not GIANTS.

What I am saying is that is last years white jersey with the new pants. It is an old screen before all the changes were put into the game.

When screen shots come out for a game that is still in development there is a lot that is unfinished and a lot that changes. Who is to say when in the deveolpment of the game that screen shot was taken.

What I have learned from people at Operation Sports is...

Ricky Williams is in the game, but not starting.

All the teams have their new unis.

And the problem with the logo disapearing when making new unis is still in the game. They said everything franchise is the same as last year.

The question should never be "DID Madden XX get the new (insert team here) unis wrong?"

The question SHOULD be: "How bad did EA screw up this year with their inattention to detail, which only exists because they have a monopoly on the football game market and thus have no incentive to actually improve their product every year?"

:mad:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Look at the paints their new, so ya they changed.

they're new :P

...just having some fun with you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hey hopefully the team has come to their senses and have done away with with the worst monochrome look i have ever seen. blue jerseys white pants all the way and while we are at it white jerseys blue pants which is one of the sharpest looks in the league too bad they have'nt worn it in a while.

Archived