Rams' new turf

BigEd76

And if you look closely, you can also see the beginning of a horrible season for the Bears. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And if you look closely, you can also see the beginning of a horrible season for the Bears. :P

....or the opposite. Remember the Rams 1999 season? But, then again, I would not hold my breath about that ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

And if you look closely, you can also see the beginning of a horrible season for the Bears.  :P

Haha! 3 or more months, that's what they get for keeping their first string QB in for the 2nd QTR. Loosers...

Well, there is a reason they were leaving them in so much.

Rex Grossman has played 6 games in his career.

These players have played together...never.

They are in a new system this year.

They needed the reps in game situations. You pretty much have 3 QBs with similar skill levels in Grossman, Hutchensen, and Orton. That's not saying much, but when Grossman goes down, Hutchensen can play pretty much the same and Orton is developing nicely. It may look like a stupid move, but having the first team learning the offense still in the first couple weeks of the regular season would be a stupid move too. I haven't questioned Lovie Smith playing the starters more this season. They need it. This isn't the Colts where everyone is so in sync together, they need the reps.

With the first pick in the 2006 NFL draft, The Chicago Bears Select.... :(

Im suprised the rams did that much with the turf. they're only using it for one season, then sending it back. next season, they're getting a turf that can be set like tiles, then moved and stacked for non football events. i imagine next season they'll do a lot more with the feild design.

What will next year's Ram's turf be like? Like the field turf they have now? If they are getting a new surface, why didn't they just keep the old turf one more year?

On a side note...why aren't any teams really painting up the endzones anymore? Is it too costly or a pain to maintain? I imagine it's nothing to paint turf. I like the painted endzones...my fav was the red one the Bucs had vs. the Niners the year they went to the bowl and then had it in SD.

KISSwall09.jpg

On a side note...why aren't any teams really painting up the endzones anymore? Is it too costly or a pain to maintain? I imagine it's nothing to paint turf. I like the painted endzones...my fav was the red one the Bucs had vs. the Niners the year they went to the bowl and then had it in SD.

The NFL for several years mandated teams have painted endzones for the playoffs, and I think that's when the Bucs painted their endzone red (which looked incredible). That has sort of gone by the wayside, now, however.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was so hoping it was real grass, so that way the Lambs can stick to what they do best: Eat it!

(BTW, this was a joke and all. I know real grass cannot grow in a dome, but there was Pontiac during the '94 World Cup.)

Cheer up Bears fans, you signed JEFF BLAKE!!  B)

What ever happened to Kyle Orten?

Orton is second in-line now that Grossman's been hurt.

Blake will probably be the 3rd QB for the Bears - provided he even makes the team. That guy couldn't even beat out Josh McCown last season in AZ...and McCown might end up 3rd on the depth chart for the Cardinals by the time the season starts.

Archived