Tampa Bay Bucs Reward Stickers

footballfiji

From ESPN.com:

Coach Jon Gruden is using "Opponent Killer" helmet stickers as awards to players for big plays in preseason games, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

The stickers feature a skull and two swords similar to the team's helmet emblem, and have the words "Opponent Killer" printed on them.

"It's something we're using to have some fun with the guys," Gruden told the newspaper. "We're not allowed to reward players with money because it's against the collective bargaining agreement and the salary cap and things of that nature. So, the best I can do is a sticker on a helmet."

League rules prohibit teams from altering the uniform in any fashion, so the stickers will be worn only during practices.

And a Pic:

Clayton08_15_05_1_b.jpg

I am curious if the team will also crash through a paper banner being held up by the dance team as they enter the playing field. .. .

Stickers look bush league on NFL helmets and specifically these stickers seem to be too large. If a guy gets a bunch of them they will obstruct the main logo.

fade.gif

Now they can sell tons of t shirts with that logo. It is a great idea until the first time one of their opponents is severly injured on a play. Then nobody will be laughing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It does look to HS/College. I'm glad you're not allowed to have that in the regular season. With the pewter helmet, there really isn't much you can do with the stickers. I don't like the solid white sticker (reminds me of how ugly the Buckeyes look), but what else would show?

KISSwall09.jpg

Stickers look bush league on NFL helmets and specifically these stickers seem to be too large. If a guy gets a bunch of them they will obstruct the main logo.

I couldn't care less if the logo is obstructed in practice.

I like the fact that Gruden's doing this. Why not have some fun with it...? Who cares if it's high school/college-ish. It's f'in practice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

"Practice? Practice? We talkin' bout practice, man! Not the game. We talkin' bout practice."

I like the stickers and the slogan too. If you played football in HS or college, remember how geeked up everyone was when Monday's practice came around and the players got their stickers?

Besides, Gruden needs to do something to get people to even talk about this team.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't like it. Some colleges do it and that is fine, but I like that fact that no NFL team does (did) this.

Plus the stickers are too big.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

But I like that fact that no NFL team does (did) this.

No NFL team does this now. At least not in games.

Some of you are making a gigantic mountain out of teeny weeny molehill.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In this day and age of political correctness, I'm LOVING the fact that Gruden uses the phrase "Opponent Killer."  Just fantastic.

AMEN. I guarantee some group or organiztion will bitch about these at some point.

I'm sure someone will, but who? Does the ACLU represent "Opponents"? Mothers For Not Killing Opponents? (MFNKO isn't a catchy acronym! :P )

It's something for a lot of guys who won't make the Bucs to take with them from the experience. Very collegiate, but something for the 5th-stringers to play for before the real action starts.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived