AFC Helmet rated

Blue Falcon

So they're basically rating team helmets based on the teams legacy. <_<

1. Colts

2. Browns

3. Steelers

4. Raiders

5. Chiefs

I'm sure if the Oilers still played they'd crack the top 5 as well.

6uXNWAo.png

I can just imagine their list for the NFC. It'll probably look a lil something like this...

1. Cowboys

2. Packers

3. Bears

4. Redskins

- - - - - - - - - -

13. Seahawks

14. Eagles

15. Buccaneers

16. Falcons

6uXNWAo.png

Doesn't this paragraph prove it all?

"My whim counts. It?s my list, and I?ll be petty if I want to. I reserve the right to rank helmets based heavily on my personal regard for the franchises that wear them. Generally I don?t- Oakland and Pittsburgh rank highly, despite the fact that I have very little use for either club. In the case of the lowest-ranked helmet, though? well, I ain?t gonna lie. That?s all personal. I said this list was subjective."

So this guy is what, some 50+ year old member of the dawg pound stuck in the past?

You know what is getting really tiresome? People bitchin about the Ravens and how Cleveland got screwed. At the end of the day, the original Browns leaving might have been the best thing to happen. The league and the city finally got their act together and replaced that crap stadium with something that will generate revenue in order for the team to compete. Geezus Cleveland, let it go already.

If you want to be pissed about something, get pissed about the NHL NEVER going back to Winnipeg.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

If you want to be pissed about something, get pissed about the NHL NEVER going back to Winnipeg.

or cleveland for that matter.

This list is stupid, most of his judgements are based on how old the team is and how long they've used certain colors or how they look compared to the browns. The browns helmets suck, can I say that right now, they are awful. I know they will never change them and I don't care how long they have been used but they aren't good and I'm sick of every browns fan I meet telling me that.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Just my opinion....These are my favorites. I won't make any claims that they are the best.

NFC

1. Giants

2. Packers

3. Cowboys

4. Saints

5. Cardinals

AFC

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Dolphins

4. Jets

5. Raiders

By the way, I am a lifelong Browns fan. I love their helmets just like they are. I also realize that they are indeed an acquired taste. Browns fans need to back off a little and understand that not everyone sees the understated (if bright orange can be understated) beauty of the helmet.

BB52Big.jpg

You know what is getting really tiresome? People bitchin about the Ravens and how Cleveland got screwed. At the end of the day, the original Browns leaving might have been the best thing to happen. The league and the city finally got their act together and replaced that crap stadium with something that will generate revenue in order for the team to compete. Geezus Cleveland, let it go already.

So Art holding the team hostage and taking a team with perhaps the strongest history of any original NFL team to Baltimore isn't screwing the town? Cleveland lost a piece of its city that day. Yes, the new stadium is an infinate improvement over the Mistake. But still, that was Cleveland. I will forever hate the Ravens, and in my opinion (not the opinion of most fans, but still) Baltimore is the team I look forward to knocking off every year. It doesn't help that they have a murderer and a coke dealer on their squad...

ducks-large.jpg

The Browns were never an original NFL team. They started in the AAFC.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

So Art holding the team hostage and taking a team with perhaps the strongest history of any original NFL team to Baltimore isn't screwing the town?

If Cleveland would have coughed up money for a new stadium like they did for the Cavs and the Rock 'n Roll HOF, Art would still be a saint. Both sides are at fault. Additionally, a few cities have lost teams and not have the league cave in and help pay for a new stadium to keep a team or to get a team back. I'm not saying Cleveland fans weren't robbed. I'm saying you've been compensated better than other cities have for the same wrongdoing. Move on.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

So Art holding the team hostage and taking a team with perhaps the strongest history of any original NFL team to Baltimore isn't screwing the town?

If Cleveland would have coughed up money for a new stadium like they did for the Cavs and the Rock 'n Roll HOF, Art would still be a saint.

Cant forget they coughed it up for Jacobs field and the Indians

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Some thoughts here:

1. I agree the Colts have the best helmet in the AFC, and for the following reasons: It's traditional, it's simple, it's easy to identify, the colors work well together.

2. While the Colts' helmets sport tradition and simplicity, you couldn't have oversimplified helmets if there wasn't tradition behind them. The Browns helmet is oversimplified, but it's rated high because of tradition. Same with Penn State in college. But what if the Houston Texans came in with just plain navy blue helmets and no logos? Would they be rated high? No way.

3. That being said, the oversimplification of the Browns helmets should drop them to the middle of the pack.

4. Too much clutter in a logo, even if it is traditional, still sucks. Because of that, I'd drop the Jets helmets to the bottom, just a hair above the Ravens (I still hate that bird head with a B on it).

5. Just because a helmet logo isn't traditional doesn't mean it sucks. The Broncos replaced a good-looking traditional logo on their helmet with one that doesn't have the same feel, but still looks pretty good (I wish I could say that about the rest of their uniforms). And the Texans logo on the helmet looks very sharp, although I'm still trying to figure out what it means.

6. White helmets are overrated. We live in a world of color. Unless it's traditional to use white as the helmets, don't do it.

Archived