New Uni Watch

lost_limey

I know that it was mentioned before but here is an update on the alternate schedule for the year (subject to change):

Alternate Jersey Schedule

• Atlanta Falcons: December 12th vs. Saints
    Baltimore Ravens: September 11th vs. Colts, December 19th vs. Packers
    Buffalo Bills: September 11th vs. Texans
    Carolina Panthers: August 26th @ Browns
    Chicago Bears: November 13th vs. 49ers
    Cincinnati Bengals: October 30th vs. Packers, December 11th vs. Browns
    Dallas Cowboys: August 27th vs. Texans, September 11th @ Chargers, November 24th vs. Broncos
    Detroit Lions: August 29th vs. Rams, September 11th vs. Packers, November 24th vs. Falcons
    Houston Texans: October 23rd vs. Colts, December 24th vs. Jaguars
    New England Patriots: October 2nd vs. Chargers
    Philadelphia Eagles: September 25th vs. Raiders, December 5th vs. Seahawks
    San Diego Chargers: October 10th vs. Steelers, November 20th vs. Bills
    San Francisco 49ers: October 30th vs. Buccaneers
    Tennessee Titans: September 1st vs. Packers, October 30th vs. Raiders, December 11th vs. Texans

it is NOT what you think. They are going with the throwback, ya know one that looks like this...

mn-fort89d80.gif

The jersey is NOT an alternate being black or gold. That would look really fugly on the field. Plus, has there ever been a time in the NFL's history where a team has worn a gold jersey and gold pants?

A lot of team like wearing their alts against the Packers? More TV Viewers, more exposure for them?

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Plus, has there ever been a time in the NFL's history where a team has worn a gold jersey and gold pants?

the Packers wore all gold briefly during the leather helmet era, though I don't know if the Steelers did (most of the tiem when the Rams had gold jerseys, they only wore white pants)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

PANTONE, is this the new alternate Bears jersey?

FF119114-xl.jpg

Because if it is, this looks like a piece of crap. Plus, what pants would they wear with it? The whites or the navy blues?

My money's on this being the Bears alternate. I dunno what else they'd use if it's not a throwback.

6uXNWAo.png

Plus, has there ever been a time in the NFL's history where a team has worn a gold jersey and gold pants?

the Packers wore all gold briefly during the leather helmet era, though I don't know if the Steelers did (most of the tiem when the Rams had gold jerseys, they only wore white pants)

1923, to be precise. :D

I know they also wore gold-on-gold in the 1950s (they had lots of crazy combinations in the Rozani era), but don't know exactly how long they wore it.

At least once in 1952 - I've read reports of the Packers in gold jerseys playing the Rams in gold jerseys. :wacko:

Are the niners wearing the same jerseys they wore against Philly in 2002 when Detmer tore them up on MNF?

That's what it sounds like, unless they go back the the throwbacks they wore during the 1994 season.

6uXNWAo.png

does this mean that teams like the dolphins who wore an alternate for the last two years, are no longer going to wear it. i honestly wonder if the fins will even wear a dark jersey at all considering they have no night games this year

Getting rid of that orange abomination would be the best move the Fish have made in almost 5 years. Yecch... and now the Bears are trying it? Even the one team that made it look good - the Broncos' "Orange Crush" unis - gave it up in favor of navy.

And that "BENSON" is completely photoshopped. Look at the nameplate it is supposed to be sewn onto.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the oragne may have been hideous, but the fins were undefeated with them, i mean even beat the pats in them last year

So you're telling us that the Fins beat the Pats only because of the miraculous orange jerseys? So if they wear them every week their going 19-0? Uh, okay...you just go ahead with that thought though :D

They sucked last year. They're going to suck this year. No orange jersey can save them from that. If it could, I would hope the 'Skins would adopt the orange immediately!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the oragne may have been hideous, but the fins were undefeated with them, i mean even beat the pats in them last year

If this were a scientific experiment, the results would prove statistically insignificant, given a sample set close that is virtually zero (they played fewer than 5 games in the orange unis in their history). That means the observed result was due to chance, and not the jersey color. Be superstitious if you want; I'm glad common sense - and poor jersey sales? (I don't know the figures, but from a taste perspective, I'd think this didn't sell well) - prevailed over a couple of coincidental wins.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived