LSU helmet concept

devilray2k1

I think it's definitely time LSU updated the helmets.

I mean this with all due respect to both of you, but most LSU fans don't agree that the helmets need to be updated. I'm one of them.

Furthermore, most LSU fans HATE the Toonces cat and the shadowed LSU portion of the logo. The school spent $65,000 for the Toonces/LSU shadow logo, and most fans think it's money that went down the toilet.

well its rare nowadays that fans get behind new uniforms, logos, and other visual changes to the team...especially since colleges and pro teams rarely consult the fans about doing so-everyone knows it's just for the money....

so I say if you spent $65k on the stuff, to go ahead and use it. The fans will get over it.

Sticking to tradition? This coming from a team that paints a colorful, detailed closeup of a tiger's eye on the 50 yard line?

just a little something I whipped up....I like the "classic" look and all

but what if we swapped the current decals for the actual updated athletic marks?

lsuhelmet6kb.th.jpg

the best idea would be to take the tiger head from this helmet and put it on the current helmet.

Pittsburgh's "mountain cat" logo is one of the worst professionally designed images I've ever seen. I'm really happy it's off the helmet. I saw the new Pitt uniforms in person Friday night as they were handed an overtime defeat at the hands of my Ohio University Bobcats. The "PITT" lettering is all right, but I think the script would be better on the helmet. The helmet is noticably darker than the pants. The numbers are semi-attractive, but kind of strange at the same time, because they are blue with a gold outline, then have another blue drop shadow behind them.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I was thinking the same thing while watching the LSU/ASU game last night. I think it's definitely time LSU updated the helmets.

Upgrade.

I actually think LSU has one of the best helmets and uni combos in the nation. I would hate to see it change.

The numbers are semi-attractive, but kind of strange at the same time, because they are blue with a gold outline, then have another blue drop shadow behind them.

You sure the shadow is blue? All the uniforms I've seen from the last few years have a black drop shadow. Even some of the logos have a black drop shadow.

But that's the only place I've seen black.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I was thinking the same thing while watching the LSU/ASU game last night.  I think it's definitely time LSU updated the helmets.

Upgrade.

I actually think LSU has one of the best helmets and uni combos in the nation. I would hate to see it change.

LSU looks just fine the way they are. Leave it alone.

BB52Big.jpg

Sticking to tradition? This coming from a team that paints a colorful, detailed closeup of a tiger's eye on the 50 yard line?

believe it or not LSU has had the eye in the center logo on there for quite some time. I don't know exactly how long, but I have some clips from a Bama-LSU game in 85 and the Tiger Eye was in the middle of the field. So it isn't new

i know it's not new but it's not exactly traditional...and I remember the eye being there for a while too but it's been revised in recent years to make it look cooler...

im just saying...leave the unis alone if everyone's gonna throw a fit but i dont think doing the helmets would be all that bad....

Pittsburgh's "mountain cat" logo is one of the worst professionally designed images I've ever seen. I'm really happy it's off the helmet. I saw the new Pitt uniforms in person Friday night as they were handed an overtime defeat at the hands of my Ohio University Bobcats. The "PITT" lettering is all right, but I think the script would be better on the helmet. The helmet is noticably darker than the pants. The numbers are semi-attractive, but kind of strange at the same time, because they are blue with a gold outline, then have another blue drop shadow behind them.

GO BOBCATS! Man, that was one of the best endings to a game i've seen. Just when I thought they gave it away...... boom...... INT for a TD.

Anyways, I think Pitt's helmets look bad. Those letters just don't look like they should be arched.

Archived