Arizona Cardinals Concept

Nick 1733

Okay, I've been thinking about what I'd do for this for a LONG time. I even came up with a new logo before the Cards modernized theirs. I decided to go with their logo and basically their uniform design but with my own slight modifications. I know most of you are going to hate this but I like the way they look in blue. I also incorperated the yellow a lot more and removed the black from the uniforms. I used a custom font that I put together many months ago and I like it better than their strange block hybrid font.

With that I present to you my Arizona Cardinals concept.

Comments, Critique?

Arizona_Cardinals1.gif

You're right man. People are going to hate the blue.

I'm one of them. Heck, blue isn't an official team color. Why use a color that the team doesn't use?

It actually was before they changed, which is where I got the idea for the blue. When I saw their blue fashion jersey and loved it so I went with this.

I don't mind the blue, actually. Maybe not as the primary color, but I don't mind it being in the jerseys. You might want to put navy rather than black in the logo, though, if you're going to put blue in the jerseys, just to nix the awkardness. The only suggestions I have other than those is to keep the grey facemask, the blue just looks awkward to me. Also, the white uniforms might looks better with either white pants, or red pants. I just think that since red's the majority of the sleeve stripe, it should be the main pant color, if you don't go all white, that is.

I h8 this POS!!!!!! this concept sux0rzz!!!!

yall know i'm kiddin, right? ;)

all joking aside, I'll be frank, this is a case where a black version would actually look better IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really like these uni's, but maybe not for the Cards. The problem is the black in the logo really clashes with the blue. There's not much getting around this, since Cardinals are red and black. If they ever changed their name and wanted to incorporate AZ colors, these look really nice (except for the blue socks with the blue pants.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I also enjoyed the Cardinals blue fashion alt and use it regularly on NFL 2K5. But the blue facemask kills the helmet IMO. If the whole helmet was blue it would work, but other wise the facemask should either be black or red.

Liking the jerseys a lot BTW.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I do like the blue. But not for a team named for a bird so deeply connected to another color. And a blue that dark with black trim on the helmet will just lead to people questioning that as well.

If you really wanted to make a go of using blue (after all, it's in the AX flag and wouldn't look terrible), you'd have to dump the black entirely. Try a slightly darker navy in the helmet logo, and then try and work it into the jersey trim. But I'd stay with red primary jerseys. Besides the inability to wear black/navy in desert heat, the Cardinals need to be decked out in red. But red, gold and a dark navy like yours could look really good. Like the font as well - sorta reminds me of the Ottawa Senators' number font in some places.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the blue, but for the Cards, I gotta say the reds look great and more appropriate. Can you get the black out of the helmet logo and switch that to the same blue? You may have to go darker to a color between your blue and black to keep it looking like a cardinal face.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ok, for version 2, if the helmet were to be kept as-is, use black instead of the blue. For the blue to work, there needs to be something in the helmet to tie it in, because the black in the logo doesn't go with anything. The only thing that might work there would to replace the black in the logo with blue, but that wouldn't work, and the white helmet really should remain.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived