Notre Dame to drop from top 25

WJMorris3

If Notre Dame stays in the top 25, I'd be shocked. Notre Dame hasn't even played anyone good this year and is not going to play anyone good the remaining of the year - they have no business being in the top 25. The name should not give them any special status. They were thoroughly outplayed by Michigan State in this game.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, they were lucky to have been even within three touchdowns of MSU - they chose to let Notre Dame back into it (probably to make the game look better than it was - very sloppy football game.) Remember, this is a team that could have gone unbeaten and missed the BCS games - they just aren't that good. Their two wins were both flukes.

LvZYtbZ.png

Dude, there's no way ND drops out of the top 25, hell, Oklahoma will probably still be ranked as clueless as some of the voters are.

That was one hell of a ballgame. Both teams made loads of mistakes that they can look back on as costing them the game. I'm not a ND fan or hater, I though they were overrated at #10, but they're still a good football team. You can't say one team thoroughly outplayed another. Did you watch the 4th quarter? ND was mopping the floor with MSU and if it weren't for that poorly called series after MSU fumbled, you would have had no reason to post. It's game 3 of 11 or 12, there's a lot of season left, everyone is vulnerable.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your rant, lol. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

To be honest, they were lucky to have been even within three touchdowns of MSU - they chose to let Notre Dame back into it (probably to make the game look better than it was - very sloppy football game.) Remember, this is a team that could have gone unbeaten and missed the BCS games - they just aren't that good. Their two wins were both flukes.

How is it luck that you come back from 21 points down? As for those two wins, they were WINS. Are you also saying that Michigan should be dropped from the top 25 as well because of a "fluke" loss to ND?

I saw, I came, I left.

Dude, there's no way ND drops out of the top 25, hell, Oklahoma will probably still be ranked as clueless as some of the voters are.

I was wondering what you were talking about.

UCLA 41, Oklahoma 24

If Texas doesn't take down the Sooners this year, I will start up a website, FireMackBrown.com.

6uXNWAo.png

I normally hate doing this but...

I am jumping on the Vanderbilt bandwagon. :P

Jump on? I'm the ringleader, bitch!

Anyhow, Vandy's next two games are against Richmond (I-AA team) and MTSU (Crappy Sun Belt Team). I can possibly see a 5-0 start for Vandy.

And it's not just Vandy who's making noise. Baylor is 3-0 after beating Army and Indiana is gunning for the 3-0 start against Kentucky? Can you imagine Vandy, Baylor and Indiana all being unbeaten while Miami of Florida could be winless?

Edit: Meh. I thought Clemson could pull it out, but I guess after a while, they would blow it. Oh well, at least the Canes won.

Can you imagine Vandy, Baylor and Indiana all being unbeaten while Miami of Florida could be winless?

LMAO :P

and btw, Miami won. so :woot:

Anyhow, Vandy's next two games are against Richmond (I-AA team) and MTSU (Crappy Sun Belt Team). I can possibly see a 5-0 start for Vandy.

And it's not just Vandy who's making noise. Baylor is 3-0 after beating Army and Indiana is gunning for the 3-0 start against Kentucky? Can you imagine Vandy, Baylor and Indiana all being unbeaten while Miami of Florida could be winless?

Edit: Meh. I thought Clemson could pull it out, but I guess after a while, they would blow it. Oh well, at least the Canes won.

Many of the Sun Belt teams that have been hanging around near the top of the standings aren't really good this year. Hopefully, Troy will be ready for conference play to start in two weeks.

Break up the Commodores! Go Vandy! They are already halfway to a bowl bid.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived