Bears in white at home...

dirwuf

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe this was a first for a regular-season game. They did wear white for a few exhibition games in the early 90s.

And George Halas is rolling over in his grave. Oh, BTW got gifs?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The Bears destroyed the Lions today, punishment for their horrible black unis. Here's a pic:

defense_lions_1.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I believe this was a first for a regular-season game. They did wear white for a few exhibition games in the early 90s.

It's not at all unusual for teams to wear white at home early in the season. It's still warm out so they choose to go with the light colors. It's that simple. And yes those Bears unis with the black pants are God-awful. :D

BB52Big.jpg

And yes those Bears unis with the black pants are God-awful.

First of all they're not black, they're navy blue.

Secondly, the dark pants go way back in team history. It's what the Bears wore when beating the Redskins 73-0 in the 1940 NFL Championship game.

And yes those Bears unis with the black pants are God-awful.

Secondly, the dark pants go way back in team history. It's what the Bears wore when beating the Redskins 73-0 in the 1940 NFL Championship game.

And their only superbowl win!

Their only SB win was in '85 over the Patriots-- there was no Super Bowl in 1940, if 2006 is #40.

The Eagles busted out the white jerseys for today's game v. the 49ers, with the green pants. It was warmer than expected in Philadelphia, but not so bad that you'd think they'd have to change up the routine.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Their only SB win was in '85 over the Patriots-- there was no Super Bowl in 1940, if 2006 is #40.

AND their only super bowl win!

I know, back in the 40s the bears were wining NFL Championships.

The Eagles busted out the white jerseys for today's game v. the 49ers, with the green pants. It was warmer than expected in Philadelphia, but not so bad that you'd think they'd have to change up the routine.

Actually, it felt like it was over 90 most of yesterday and part of today. I had a touch-football game yesterday, and the heat was absurd. I mentioned to someone that the Eagles would probably go all white. I guess I was half right.

Back to the topic...

The Bears look good no matter what they wear. Including blue-blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

as to the last time the bears wore white at home....

since i am researching this stuff to the nth degree, i believe this was the first time the bears wore white jerseys at home in a game that counted since 12/1/1940 against the crosstown cardinals. if that's not good enough, they also wore white at home the week before (11/24) against the (cleveland) rams.

in fact the bears wore white for ALL games in 1940, home and away, including the renowned 73-0 pasting of the redskins for the nfl title at d.c.'s griffith stadium.

from 1941 thru 1956, da bears wore navy for all of their games, and since 1957, white was brought back, but worn only for road games.

nah, i don't think gsh is spinning in his grave. he might actually be cracking a smile.

tb

How many NFL teams have never worn white at home? Not too many come to mind.

Detroit

Seattle

Oakland

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Others?

detroit wore white at home twice that i know of, both on turkey day, 1961 against the packers and 1970 against the raiders

steelers wore white at home twice in the early 50's against the redskins (52 & 53), then once in 64 against the rams. then most home games at pitt stadium ifrom 66 thru 69.

i think you're right on the raiders. i'm not sure about the chiefs, though.

Detroit

Seattle

Oakland

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Others?

Indianapolis

Buffalo

Atlanta

San Francisco

St. Louis

But I'm normally wrong on these... :wacko:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Detroit

Seattle

Oakland

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Others?

Indianapolis

Buffalo

Atlanta

San Francisco

St. Louis

But I'm normally wrong on these... :wacko:

the colts (in baltimore in 64 & 65), the bills in the mid-80's, the falcons (at least one game in 68, and i think at some point in the 80's), the niners in 76, and the rams (in l.a.) from 64 thru early 72 and again in 1980 at least have all worn white at home at some point.

tb

I'm pretty sure the Packers have never worn white at home too, but that's just a guess.....I didn't like the Bears in white, although I was at the game and it was pretty hot, I still don't think it's a good enough excuse, unless you're from say Texas or Florida. But to echo the sentiments of others, ya can't argue with the results :D and yes I'm going to come out here and offically state that Joey Harrington is a bust.

Archived