Saint's Uniforms

illini1

I'm new to this board so maybe this has been discussed before. Why do the New Orleans Saints have three different colors of gold on their uniforms. Their helmets, jerseys, and pants are all different shades of gold. Surely they could work with Reebok and the helmet makers to get this correct. Their pants is one of the lightest shade of gold I've seen and the gold on their jerseys some of the darkest. I really like the color of gold on their jerseys. If they could use that shade on their whole uniform I think it would look really nice. Can anyone provide any info on why they have different colors I would appreciate it.

I'm new to this board so maybe this has been discussed before. Why do the New Orleans Saints have three different colors of gold on their uniforms. Their helmets, jerseys, and pants are all different shades of gold. Surely they could work with Reebok and the helmet makers to get this correct. Their pants is one of the lightest shade of gold I've seen and the gold on their jerseys some of the darkest. I really like the color of gold on their jerseys. If they could use that shade on their whole uniform I think it would look really nice. Can anyone provide any info on why they have different colors I would appreciate it.

the same reason why the Dallas Cowboys have 50 different shades of blue and 50 different shades of silver :P

the same reason why the Dallas Cowboys have 50 different shades of blue and 50 different shades of silver

I'm SO tired of this one! Just like the "... of Anaheim" jokes. Can we retire this? Please? :(

not until they uniformize it

the same reason why the Dallas Cowboys have 50 different shades of blue and 50 different shades of silver

I'm SO tired of this one! Just like the "... of Anaheim" jokes. Can we retire this? Please? :(

i agree. in this day and age, with all the advancements in printing, textile, and pantone technology there is NO excuse for the cowboys (or saints) having mismatches in their colour sets.

i agree. in this day and age, with all the advancements in printing, textile, and pantone technology there is NO excuse for the cowboys (or saints) having mismatches in their colour sets.

What's all this about the Expos moving?

Ironically, teams wearing old gold and black had little success this weekend at the Metrodome. First Purdue, then the Saints.

please explain how that is ironic ^_^

More of a coincidence, truth be told... ^_^

The Saints' (and Cowboys') color discrepancies has, in fact, been discussed at great length.

[old man sitting on an old front porch] The man you're looking for goes by the name "PANTONE". He's 8 feet tall if he's an inch, I tells ya. Shock o' black hair, dark as ink. Eyes to match. No one's ever seen him, but if you search for him, you'll find him... *puffs on corncob pipe, resumes whittling* [/old man sitting on an old front porch]

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

[old man sitting on an old front porch] The man you're looking for goes by the name "PANTONE". He's 8 feet tall if he's an inch, I tells ya. Shock o' black hair, dark as ink. Eyes to match. No one's ever seen him, but if you search for him, you'll find him... *puffs on corncob pipe, resumes whittling* [/old man sitting on an old front porch]

He's hairy and lives in the woods. Casts a mean footprint in the mountain mud. Somewhat simian-like, and all known photographs are blurry.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Ironically, teams wearing old gold and black had little success this weekend at the Metrodome. First Purdue, then the Saints.

Its ironic because underneath the Metrodome lies the creator of the color combination of Old Gold and Black.

Strange but true.

More of a coincidence, truth be told... ^_^

The Saints' (and Cowboys') color discrepancies has, in fact, been discussed at great length.

you forgot the bit about his fire red hair and how noone has ever caught him. O- and he's cursed. He supposeldy went mad after the cowboys added another silver

:D

Boy, has it.....

I'm still chuckling at the rest of your post. Pantone is indeed the mythic man 'round these parts.....

It is what it is.

It has been discussed before, but oh well.

Anyways, the Saints situation is far different from the 'Boys as far as I'm concerned.

The Cowboys seriously have about 3 shades of silver and 2 or 3 shades of blue.

The Saints really just have one shade of gold. The Saints problem is that their selections for the available material colors don't lineup with their official shade of gold. It's more like the Vikings problem with their helmet and jerseys never matching until they switched to mettalic helmets.

The Saints goal is to match, they just don't.

The Cowboys have 3 different shades of silver and they do it on purpose. (Stupid Cowboys.)

Archived