Updating The USC Trojans' Identity

AAO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not feeling these at all. The white looks out of place on the home jersey and on the helmet, the number font and the shoulder stripes completely abandon the school's tradition, the absence of a gray facemask makes the helmets look too much like Minnesota, there shouldn't be a nameplate, and the main thing that I'm just not feeling is that the logo is an updated version of the ACADEMIC logo, and not the football team's logo. They used the academic logo for one year and then reverted back to the traditional Trojan.

VmWIn6B.png

Im a big fan of what they have now, and like that they dont use white on the helmets.

The logo is nicely updated, your work is always nice and clean so you dont stray from that, but I will agree with Tempest that the wordmark is cluttered. I personally feel they have quite possibly the coolest jersey in college football, so i wouldnt touch that, but you havent done anything badly here.

I also dont really like the number font. The standard Collegiate Block works best for a storied school like USC.

And LMU is right, you dont want the Trojans looking like Minnesota. Ever.

Great concept, but I really like what the Trojans are going with now. I like how they went back to the classic uni, and now that they're making history in them, I think they'll be sticking around for a very long time.

6uXNWAo.png

I hate USC but I like that trojan head. shoot, thie white may look out of place in some's minds, but it's needed. Not much different from the Dodgers using red front numbers on uniforms that otherwise only use blue ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Now that the Trojans are back on top of the college football world I don't see them reverting away from their current uniform package. It's basically unchanged from the glory days of John McKay and John Robinson.

That having been said, your concepts are great work and would look good on any team, just unfortunately not USC.

:shocked: Now THAT is what Leinart should be wearing. Awesome job with modernizing and what not. :notworthy:

Resurrected from a two year drought, it's still just my opinion.

MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY - 2008 BIG TEN MEN'S B-BALL CHAMPS!

BELIEVE IT!

Thanks for showing the helmet. I like it. I wonder if on the helmet you could actually cheat and make the face yellow. Eh. Do what you want. Forthehellofit, here's a REALLY crappy photo of a USC helmet I did maybe 4 or 5 years ago. The picture predated me having a digital camera, so forgive me. Just sharing. Yours is tighter.

ztrojan_01.jpgztrojan_02.jpg

And for this concept, you'll have to politely ignore the folks saying they don't see USC going with this stuff. That's really not the point of making a concept sometimes. I did a Steelers concept in silver and black strictly hypothetically and some folks roasted me for it.

And for this concept, you'll have to politely ignore the folks saying they don't see USC going with this stuff. That's really not the point of making a concept sometimes.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

:notworthy:

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

if you check out the helmet project usc did have tommy trojan on their helmets (minus the white) for the schools 100th anv. john robinson came back the next season and they went back to the old style trojan head and have kept it that way since...caroll then switched them back to the gray masks and then to the crescent jerseys his 2nd season...this uniform is actually a mix of eras because during the first era crescent shoulder jerseys they used logoless helmets with gray masks.

these are nice. But i hate that yellow facemask idea. I think the gray blends well with them as well as the giants. Maybe simplify it.

If by "blends well" with maroon and gold you mean "looks like total crap with," then yeah I guess you have a point. <_< The gray facemask looks terrible, outdated, etc. It's the only gray element in an otherwise completely maroon and gold scheme. Gray is a primary team color for the Giants, thats why it "blends well" with them.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived