Jets and Giants to build new stadium

DEAD!

I'm sorry, but STILL sharing a stadium is really stupid.

but hopefully now that the Jets pay for half it wont be called Giants Stadium

Naming rights will be sold because the stadium will be privatly funded. Although it should be noted that the Giants don't own the current stadium the State of New Jersey does.

God-damnit. I love the Jets, but they need to get the hell out. They're like a 40-year old that still lives in their parents basement.

LEAVE!!!

youre comparing the jets to james craven?

...nice......... :)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I really think this sucks. As many have posted, each team should have it's own building. I was hopefull when the Jets proposed a plan in Manhattan on the West side. Now we'll have a modern version of these reluctant roomates again. Awkward.

Even the Shea area for the J-E-T-S would be a better idea in my mind.

newsig.jpg

I really think this sucks. As many have posted, each team should have it's own building. I was hopefull when the Jets proposed a plan in Manhattan on the West side. Now we'll have a modern version of these reluctant roomates again. Awkward.

Even the Shea area for the J-E-T-S would be a better idea in my mind.

It's clear the Jets ownership doesn't want anything to do with Queens or Long Island. Woody Johnson wanted the prestige of Manhattan, what happened was none wanted the stadium in Manhattan and most wanted it in Queens. After the west side stadium was defeated there was no way Johnson was going to put the team in Queens. He had already stated before he would rather stay in New Jersey. The fact that they are moving team headquarters from LI furthers the argument that the Johnson doesn't was want anything to do with Queens and Long Island.

If anything this makes the most sense because the stadium will be used every week for the most part in Football Stadium instead of the 8 weeks like the rest. If their were 2 stadiums in the area niether one would be able to turn a profit because they would be competiting against each other for concerts. Football stadiums are different than baseball stadiums becasue baseball stadium are used at least 81 times a year. Football it's 8, the shared stadium will be used 16 times at least plus concerts, and college football games (A few Army/Navy games plus a few big individual Amry games and Navy games).

God-damnit. I love the Jets, but they need to get the hell out. They're like a 40-year old that still lives in their parents basement.

LEAVE!!!

I agree with JQK on that. Besides, you remember when the Patriots had a deal to build a new stadium in Hartford around 1998 and it fell through? History WILL repeat, kids!!!!

The New Jersey Jets....NOT!!!!!! :shocked:

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

oddly enough, in the Australian Football League, this type of arrangement makes perfect $en$e, if you get my drift. only one of the 10 Melbourne-area clubs uses its own oval (that being Geelong...the rest split matches between Telstra Dome and the MCG), and the only other clubs who are the lone footy-playing tenants of their stadiums are Sydney and Brisbane...who are also the only AFL sides in their respective cities.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

oddly enough, in the Australian Football League, this type of arrangement makes perfect $en$e, if you get my drift. only one of the 10 Melbourne-area clubs uses its own oval (that being Geelong...the rest split matches between Telstra Dome and the MCG), and the only other clubs who are the lone footy-playing tenants of their stadiums are Sydney and Brisbane...who are also the only AFL sides in their respective cities.

Geelong is a bit further away from Melbourne than you think. I think it's 50 miles. That's probably why they do have their own stadium. They do have "home" games in Melbourne when they have a night game designated as a home game I believe.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived