2006 MLB Uniform Patches

Patchez

I know the Houston patch was posted here, not sure if the others were.

06patches.gif

I like Toronto's, the Braves' patch great, although I usually like the year (40) large on an anniversary logo. Ditto for the Houston logo. This All-Star logo does not indicate the game's location (Pittsburgh).

Go White Sox!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

One interesting thing about the Astros' patch...there's a very thin Navy Blue outline around the whole thing. It doesn't match anything else in the logo, but I believe it's there as a lame tie-in with the old Navy Blue used by the team.

And extra kudos to the Braves and Jays for correctly identifying the difference between what does and what does not constitute an anniversary. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

weird - the Braves wore a 30th Aniv. patch for the 1995 season.....so wouldnt that mean that 40th one should of been worn this year? maybe i imagined an extra season... (i probably imagined a season where the braves actually got passed the NLDS....)

:cursing:

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

weird - the Braves wore a 30th Aniv. patch for the 1995 season.....so wouldnt that mean that 40th one should of been worn this year? maybe i imagined an extra season... (i probably imagined a season where the braves actually got passed the NLDS....)

:cursing:

If they wore a 30th ANNIVERSARY patch in 1995, they were incorrect.

Look at it this way: their first season in Atlanta was 1966; this is the zeroeth (?!) anniversary, since it is the inaugural event that is to be commemorated by anniversaries in the years to follow. That said, 1995 would've been their 30th SEASON of playing baseball there, but since the first anniversary of 1966 would be 1967, their 10th anniversary season would have been in 1976, their 20th would have been 1986... and so on and so forth until 2006, '95 would have been the 30th season of Braves baseball, and the 29th year since the inaugural season of 1966. But as 2006 would be their 41st season in town, it would also be their 40th anniversary.

They could've done like what the Jays are doing next year in 2005, and celebrated 40 seasons in Atlanta. But you don't have a 1st anniversary until a year has passed from the original event.

Semantics can be useful after all - I'm just saying that teams shouldn't throw the word "anniversary" around where it is factually incorrect.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

:cursing: why can't baseball teams actually have GOOD patches?

I'm sure those who know nothing about baseball would look at that Cards patch and think they are an expansion team, since there really isn't any mention of Busch Stadium III anywhere in the logo.

If this is the Jays' 30th, shouldn't the Seattle Mariners have a 30th patch as well? Same with the Mets, they and Houston came in together, so they should also have a 45th. Either that or Houston doesn't need one.

And WHY can the Jays have red in their patch but not in their logo???!!!

espnsig.gif

I'm sure those who know nothing about baseball would look at that Cards patch and think they are an expansion team, since there really isn't any mention of Busch Stadium III anywhere in the logo.

The Phillies did the same thing when their park opened. Although in their case, erasing the first 120 years of their history would probably be a good thing.

Overall, I think this may be one of the strongest crop of patches in years. Even the worst one (IMO the Astros) isn't too bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

stadium.gif

IMO - Major Leagues should loosen up a bit when it comes to these types of commemorative uniform patches (stadium/arena closings and inaugurals) and let the stadium/ballpark names reside on them. The sponsors pay good money for the naming rights and I can't see how this can lead to an auto racing type of mass sponsorship on players uniforms unless they let it happen themselves. Limit the sponsored stadium name to inaugurals only, not annivarsaries of their openings, since some greedy bastards (SBC perhaps) would commemorate every year as an anniversary. (On second thought, more patches would be available for me to collect!!!)

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

This All-Star logo does not indicate the game's location (Pittsburgh).

There's a larger version of that logo with the city skyline at the top. I guess it's too colorful for the jerseys.

The 2005 Detriot All Star Game patch also gave no indication as to what city it was played in.

I know the Card's patch is for the new park, but at first glance, it sure does look like its the inaugral season for the team.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can have corporate sponsors on a uniform. Even though the Busch Beer logo isn't shown, they still paid for the name.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can have corporate sponsors on a uniform. Even though the Busch Beer logo isn't shown, they still paid for the name.

This is actually incorrect, while the Cardinals use the busch beer logo in the current stadium logo, the ballpark is actually named after August Busch.

The official name of the ballpark is August Adolphus Busch Memorial Stadium.

As far as the patch goes, I do wish the Cardinals would have put busch stadium somewhere on that patch. Its kind of disappointing considereing how awesome their patch is this year for the final season of the current busch.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

If this is the Jays' 30th, shouldn't the Seattle Mariners have a 30th patch as well?

I think the Mariners prefer to celebrate their 30th anniversary as is the case with the 25th in 2002. Don't be surprised to see such patch in 2007.

I admit the Jays patch looks good for no other reason than it contains a maple leaf :flagcanada:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived