A Treat on Monday Night

JQK

OMG this argument again? © Oh jeez. Ok, let me try and make a compromise here. The throwbacks as it is, plain and unlucky. The white helmet with the facemask... :puke: Once again I propose an ALTERNATE jersey that incorporates the navy blue that should satify fans' desire for powder blue, and keep the winning traditional navy blue scheme together.

charger.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somebody out there has to agree with me that the Broncos should be wearing the orange jerseys full time. Anybody?

nope.

and the panthers should not wear thier blues full time

the texans should not wear thier reds full time

the titans should not wear thier light blues full time

did I miss any?

Dolphins orange

Giants red

Lions black

Patriots silver

6uXNWAo.png

I'm with you on the Texans not wearing red and the Titans not wearing the light blue also the Bengals should burn the orange alt. but of course i disagree on the Panthers,Broncos,Chargers. ICS we agree to disagree but what is it if you don't mind my asking you don't like about the Panthers blue and the Broncos orange as full time jerseys?

ICS we agree to disagree but what is it if you don't mind my asking you don't like about the Panthers blue and the Broncos orange as full time jerseys?

I shouldnt have to explain it. It should come automatic that the black panthers and navy broncos jerseys are superior.

Can use use quote the quotes and use the EDIT post features please?

Let's keep our proper board etiquette.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Somebody out there has to agree with me that the Broncos should be wearing the orange jerseys full time. Anybody?

The Broncos should absolutely be wearing orange jerseys full time. The switch to blue was a horrible decision. The day that I heard they were getting new uniforms, I ordered an authentic Elway jersey in the old orange crush style. It's my favorite jersey in my collection.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

who knew that such a cool-looking jersey could bring about so much hate? lol

I'll give my take on this issue: While I do like the powder blue Chargers unis ALOT, I also have to say that there is nothing wrong with their current unis.

With that being said, yes, the powder blues were a treat. Honestly, I don't care either way which jersey they stick with full-time.

There's a certain streak of the irrational that exists on this board at times. :P

Not surprising, I guess, given how personal design preferences are. Still, I'm always amazed at how quickly the venom starts flying when certain logos and uniforms are discussed.

There's a certain streak of the irrational that exists on this board at times. :P

Not surprising, I guess, given how personal design preferences are. Still, I'm always amazed at how quickly the venom starts flying when certain logos and uniforms are discussed.

Probably because they're discussed all the time (powder blues suck!) , and people just get so sick of re-stating their points of view (powder blues suck!). You know, this is a message board devoted to sports logos (powder blues suck!), and we have a lot of members with strong opinions (powder blues suck!), especially on hot-button items within our field of interest (powder blues suck!). It's not the people on the fence who state opinions here (powder blues suck!), therefore the contingency discussing the issue (powder blues suck!) is completely polarized (powder blues suck!).

I know I haven't said anything earth-shattering here (powder blues suck!), but I just felt like putting my two cents in (powder blues suck!).

QPR%20Sig.png

Probably because they're discussed all the time (powder blues suck!) , and people just get so sick of re-stating their points of view (powder blues suck!). You know, this is a message board devoted to sports logos (powder blues suck!), and we have a lot of members with strong opinions (powder blues suck!), especially on hot-button items within our field of interest (powder blues suck!). It's not the people on the fence who state opinions here (powder blues suck!), therefore the contingency discussing the issue (powder blues suck!) is completely polarized (powder blues suck!).

I know I haven't said anything earth-shattering here (powder blues suck!), but I just felt like putting my two cents in (powder blues suck!).

It's also true that most people with really strong opinions regarding these jerseys tend to be quite dick-ish when they post regarding said strong opinions, thereby pissing off other members who insist on replying with dick-ish posts of their own stating their strong opinions.

If you've posted so much about a particular issue that you assume everyone else knows your opinion already (if you should be so pretentious...yes, you ICS), then do us newbies a favor and find another thread to fluff up.

Thanks... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I am telling you, SD should bring back the powders full-time. SO timeless looking. Not in the "NFC black and blue division Lions Packers Bears," or the Giants/Colts Alan Ameche 1958 sense...

I believe that is the first Alan Ameche reference on this board.

I salute you sir.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

hey did i mention that powder blues suck?

Chargers' powder blues: awful

Logo at the 50: worse

Endzone logos: DEAR GOD THOSE WERE HORRIBLE.

However, I'm going to disagree re: Carolina and Tenessee. The Carolina black jerseys are kindof dull in comparison with the blue jerseys. And I just like the way the Titans' columbia blue jerseys look, and think they'd be great with navy pants. As for the Broncos, the orange alt (which is not a throwback) is nice, but I think I'm too used to them being in navy now.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Carolina black jerseys are kind of dull in comparison with the blue jerseys.

Don't mind the black, but I too prefer the blues. They're sharp and distinctive.

And I just like the way the Titans' columbia blue jerseys look, and think they'd be great with navy pants.

Ditto. And it is a nice nod to the Houston Oilers (although I don't think they need to add any more red than they already have in their look).

As for the Broncos, the orange alt (which is not a throwback) is nice, but I think I'm too used to them being in navy now.

Can't agree. There are so many teams wearing navy already (Chargers, Bears, Texans, Titans, Patriots, Cowboys, and the Seahawks aren't far off). No one uses orange as a primary any more, and the Broncos abandoned something that looked sharp and distinctive for an all-too-common color by trading orange for navy. The orange alt looks sharp with the new design (even though I don't like the new design but can grdugingly accept it). I'm with ya, grubstreet.

The only alts that really irk me are the Eagles and Lions black alts. 70 years each, neither team had black as a team color (the Eagle had black outlines on their numbers in the '80s). Let a little black into the mix as a trim color, and now you have an all-black jersey. *shakes head*

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived